LegacyGT.com

What are the best tires to put on the Subaru Legact GT

MattSpecB

Is this your first car?

First time buying tires?

I have run Kumhos on all my cars for over 10 years now. They are cheap and perform very well. The Kumho SPT summer tire is a beauty. I have those on my summer wheels right now.

I'm not dumb enough to argue tires with you, but I know $300 difference btw spt's and r1r's is enough for me to choose the spt's. Also, those r1r's have a 140 tread wear, compared to 300+ tread wear on the spt. One's a race tire and the other is a summer DD tire.

You want real world, seat/track time info on tires see whitetiger or Xenonk.

The Z1 Star Spec's were near the top of the chart that Whitetiger linked to (even though BoozeRS05 mentioned it and he said it wasn't good enough).

It's been near the top of every list for as long as I can remember. For an extreme performance tire it has very good wear (you will get 2+yrs out of it if you're easy on tires and don't track it).

They make great street tires other than the fact that they are noisy when your tread is low. Mine were very loud when almost bald but when replaced almost silent. Price is right also. It's a lot of tire for what you are paying for.

I have only had RE-01's prior to a Z1 Star Spec as all my tires pull double duty but I'd personally be very interested to know if there is a tire out there that is at this level but much more quiet. Its all about compromises so I don't expect much.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Every tire has pros and cons. There is no best. While great on course, my Star Specs can downright suck for daily driving.

It can vary...I personally haven't had problems using them for daily driving, even at low tread wear. Maybe I got "lucky".

I've heard first hand from some good local drivers that run star specs as their daily street tires, and then have no problem with using them on Saturday & Sundays. Personally never ran them.

My last three sets of summer wheels were Goodyear kdw 2's, Goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric, and now kumho LE sports, al great tires imo. Prob get some spt's next time, save some money.

Archived