LegacyGT.com

What are the best tires to put on the Subaru Legact GT

MattSpecB

Michelin Super Sports to drive to track, BFG R1 on the track, Blizzak when the snowplows stop running.

Well, that's my summer and winter tire. Guess I now know what to get when I finally make the transition to the track. ;)

I got Michelin Pilot Super Sports, but they are spendy:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Super+Sport

LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEE MY SUPERSPORTS!!!!!!

^Can you tell im a happy customer??

They grip like velcro infused with Gorilla Glue, are quiet as can be, improved smoothness of ride (over RE92's, not saying much i know), liven steering response, are apparently impervious to standing water, and have a treadwear rating of 300! I got a great deal with the pricematch feature of Discount Tire, worth every single individual penny.

Just my $.02

Michelin Pilot Sport ASes is all I run 225/40x17 and 18 on all my Subarus. Superb in everything but snow > 8" deep. Long tread life and I wouldn't hesitate for a second to take them to several HPDS or autocross events.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Michelin Pilot Sport ASes is all I run 225/40x17 and 18 on all my Subarus. Superb in everything but snow > 8" deep. Long tread life and I wouldn't hesitate for a second to take them to several HPDS or autocross events.

I was going to go with these, but ended up with Yoko advin envig's instead. I'm not impressed with the Yoko's tread life.

What is the avg life you get from the pilots? Thx

40k+ Usually replace them because I take long distance trips and while they'd be great for another 5K+ around town, i figure I want them on the car when I'm travelling and trying to get a full set on the road at my typical lower pricing could be problematic
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

As in, this thread is dumb.. What the real question is is what's the best oil for the LGT?!

Ok, you buy drum of something obscenely expensive. Mine is all in japanese, so I can't even read the brand name.

Then you get your electron microscope (You have one right? If you're gonna have an LGT, you need one.), then you use that to find the perfect molecules of oil and put them in a perfectly clean pan. Stop when you have like 4.5 qts.

Make sure you top off with the same stuff.

Takes a little extra effort, but you need it to keep our cars in tip top shape.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived