LegacyGT.com

Tribeca

I have both a LGT and a Tribeca. VERY different cars. It does however make the h6 outback pointless. The base tribeca has more toys for the same money, and if you want sporty the LGT is better than the outback H6.

And I predict most people here and on nabisco won't get the point of the Tribeca because they are still shopping for a "kids car" instead of a "car for those with kids"

BTW the reclining rear seat is tits. The HUGE rear seat leg room is kinda a first for subaru. The 3rd seat is kinda retarded unless you plan on hauling someone else's rugrats on occasion, but don't need to often.

I saw a bunch of them at the dealer today while I was in for my first scheduled oil change.

You have to see it in person, and in a few different colours.

I really like the design inside and out, the interior is extremely inviting and the shoulder crease line flowing to the tail light is very well designed.

I was very impressed with the stock 18" wheel design- nice and muscular, like the Outback wheels.

Everything looks first rate except for the grille design, but that debate has been beaten to death already.

The only thing that shocked me a bit was the $52K sticker price for a fully loaded one with Nav.

That is pricey.

I saw a bunch of them at the dealer today while I was in for my first scheduled oil change.

You have to see it in person, and in a few different colours.

I really like the design inside and out, the interior is extremely inviting and the shoulder crease line flowing to the tail light is very well designed.

I was very impressed with the stock 18" wheel design- nice and muscular, like the Outback wheels.

Everything looks first rate except for the grille design, but that debate has been beaten to death already.

The only thing that shocked me a bit was the $52K sticker price for a fully loaded one with Nav.

That is pricey.

I'm not defending the B9, personally I don't care for the styling. However 52K. In what currency. I went to the Subaru website for the U.S. Checked every option including DVD and NAV on the seven passenger LTD and came up with $40,841.00 US dollars. Expensive, yes. You can buy a lot of cars for that kind of money. Is it a good value. I guess that is in the eye of the beholder.

I'm not defending the B9, personally I don't care for the styling. However 52K. In what currency. I went to the Subaru website for the U.S. Checked every option including DVD and NAV on the seven passenger LTD and came up with $40,841.00 US dollars. Expensive, yes. You can buy a lot of cars for that kind of money. Is it a good value. I guess that is in the eye of the beholder.

52k...that's canadian dollars....

as for the 'beca, i've driven it and seen a couple on the road, including today bringing my son back from camp in the lgt wagon. i think the rear end is a bit awkward, don't mind the front and really like the car from the sides. as for the interior i think it's really, really well executed. we didn't like driving it that much, but then again we weren't looking for an suv...that's why we ended up buying the lgt wagon. if the 'beca sells around invoice it begins to be a decent value relative to competitive offerings. it drives nicely but could use a tad more power imo...the interior is its best selling point.

In what kind of currency?

Pesos.

I am a Canadian, and I think in Canadian.

If I post something like, "Damn it was hot out today! we hit 32 by 2pm!"

I hope I don't get a response back from someone that says," 32? That's freezing, gireland! Man, you are dumb."

On a related note:

I deal with business people in Toronto that can't grasp the concept that there are other time zones in Canada. Just the other week I tell a guy that I'll set up a conference call with his team "today at 1pm" and he says in a very confused voice that 1pm was two hours ago...

Man, talk about a guy who thinks that he's in the centre of the universe!

Could I possibly have been talking about 1pm Pacific time? Jeez.

"All we are is dust in the wind..."

No he wasnt just singing.. Thats what freeking Subaru thinks is a good idea of an ad campaign.

The one radio commercial is just i dont even know what to call it

(dust in the wind playing)

(guy that is supposed to sound like a stoner) DUDE! You still have dust in the wind on vinyl?

(stoner 2) Yeah but when you play it backwards it plays a secret message

(stoner 1) really?

(dust in the wind plays backwards and while voice over guy spits out marketing gobeldygook about the tribeca)

(stoner 1) Wow let me hear more!

(more dust in the wind backwards and marketing BS)

(stoner 1) wow that record was really a head of its time!

(announcer douche) Subaru tribeca, now everything else is so yesterday or something to that effect

(voice of the comic book guy from the simpsons)

Worst.. commercial... ev.arrrrrrr

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

As a PST person in an EST company, I find that people on the right-side of the continent often DON'T THINK about time zones. There's one manager who likes to hold his conference call meetings at 7:30 am sharp while everyone is fresh. For me, that's 4:30, and at that time I am hardly fresh. I've also spoken with people who say "Oh, you're three hours different? Which way?" At least they ask. (Sorry for the momentary hijack.)

AS I said the Outback H6 is currently pointless. A base Tribeca has more crap for the same money. The Outback Turbo is a better sporting platform and IMO a better daily bitch.

Maybe if they made a light pressure H6 turbo. you can even just run it off one bank like Saab has done. This would bring the torque up alot in the low to mid range where the h6 blows.

I feel your pain.:)

As a PST person in an EST company, I find that people on the right-side of the continent often DON'T THINK about time zones. There's one manager who likes to hold his conference call meetings at 7:30 am sharp while everyone is fresh. For me, that's 4:30, and at that time I am hardly fresh. I've also spoken with people who say "Oh, you're three hours different? Which way?" At least they ask. (Sorry for the momentary hijack.)

I don't understand all the griping about the B9's looks. I see a lot of them in traffic everyday, since I am close to SOA headquaters. From the side they look like long Muranos. From the front, they sort of look like Cayennes. The back is the worst, but it is not any quirkier then most Subarus. They

The interior is really nice. I have two kids under 3 years old and i'll probably be looking for a 7 passenger in a few years. The only other car thats piqued lately my intrest is the merc r-class, but thats at least 15k more.

I just straided my 05 sti in for a Tribeca.

I like ugly cars.

I own a 05 legacy gt limited.

One reason is trade in value for my sti sucked at any dealership but subaru.

The subaru dealership needed a used demo-race car.

They gave my what I wanted. Just got tired of the bumpy ride. Getting old I guess.

The Tribeca takes some time to get used to. I like it though.

Baby on the way, I needed an SUV quick. It was also the only AWD SUV in my price rage and roomy too.

Archived