LegacyGT.com

Turbo Conversion

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I figured I'd catch some hell for this.

...and you will BE in hell if you do this:lol:

Maybe interested in that factory manifold, actually. I inherited my legacy, so I have zero money tied up in it in the first place, so I'm not scared of working with it.

Because its valueless? This is exactly why you never GIVE anything to anyone, particularly family members. I bought a truck brand new and instead of trading it in years later when I was done with it I gave it to my little brother. Boy was that a mistake. He cared about it a lot less than if he had actually paid for it.

There's is rarely a decent priced gt in this area without a shit ton of miles on it.

Patience takes less time than turbo conversions.

People keep them. I also have a machine shop & a full auto repair shop at my disposal.

Um, congrats?

And my honda is in process of a k24a swap, so I think I'll save it's turbo for that, funny guy.

Heyyyy what a great idea, TWO built, finicky cars to try to DD. I'm pretty sure YOU are the funny guy.;)

AVO ordered. This thread was completely useless. Was just hoping to find out if any other companies made something by any chance. Thanks for supporting a fellow member guys, and I'd be happy to meet any of you on the strip next month when my k24a is finished being wired up and tuned by Courtney Green.

Like I stated, I realize it's low boost & I'm not expecting much out of it. The cost doesn't matter cus I owe nothing. I have my project car to run crazy boost, just wanted a little more get up and go for my DD.

My project, if anyone is interested. Many more pics.

http://s8.postimage.org/f38klfwdx/Build_Pics1345_1.jpg

upload pictures

No one said I was trying to be faster than or even equal to a LGT. I've stated multiple times that I was just after a little more pep for daily driving. The kit was 3,400, so yeah kinda steep, but I like my car. I have money in it with coilovers, sways, a good sound system, so no, I don't want trade it for some beat to hell LGT with 100k miles. As I see it, no further comments are needed. Just delete the thread. Unless you're interested in my honda project, which yes, would give most of you a run for your money on the strip. I was running low 12's back in my GSR motor days, & my tuner, one of the best honda tuners around, says I'll be running 10's all day on my new set-up. So hate, or appreciate. I really don't care.

http://s13.postimage.org/7s48w1fjb/Build_Pics1078.jpg

image hosting adult

I think these guys are accusing you of having more money than cents. :p

I am curious, why spend a lot of money boosting a block that was never meant to for it with all the cards stacked against you. Why not get a really nice block and starting from there? It will cost less in the long run and give you a lot more power and options. Are you in it for the challenge? If so, go for it. Maybe you will teach everyone something. :)

I actually have a buddy who picked up a wrecked '11 STI and plans to swap it into is '06 LGT. He's actually developing the mounts & harnesses and everything himself in his machine shop. Who knows, maybe my next project! :)

Heyyyy what a great idea, TWO built, finicky cars to try to DD.

There is much wisdom in this statement. From where you are now, I'd go all-out with the Honda and keep the Legacy stock for a solid reliable ride for all the days when the Honda will be in the shop, again.

I actually have a buddy who picked up a wrecked '11 STI and plans to swap it into is '06 LGT. He's actually developing the mounts & harnesses and everything himself in his machine shop. Who knows, maybe my next project! :)

This is a much better idea than trying to turbo the 2.5i, as many who have tried turbocharging n/a Subarus will attest. The n/a Subaru motor is not a Honda, it doesn't take well to boost, and doing it right is a lot more complex than just strapping a turbo and eManage on there. But don't take our word for it. Go talk to any reputable Subaru tuner and ask if he wants to tune the creation you're planning.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

• 2 weeks later...
AVO ordered. This thread was completely useless. Was just hoping to find out if any other companies made something by any chance. Thanks for supporting a fellow member guys, and I'd be happy to meet any of you on the strip next month when my k24a is finished being wired up and tuned by Courtney Green.

How is this working out for you? Will the car still be ready to drag race by beginning of July? What clutch, fuel pump, and fuel injectors did you get?

But most important, Is the BOV loud at 3psi???

lol

so you have a girl do our tuning?

thats cute.

Archived