LegacyGT.com

Do you want to see some real performance with an LGT?

22mpg is aweful for highway mileage. I think assuming anything less than 25 may be in error. I get nearly 20mpg on the highway running e85 now.

I was getting 20mpg mixed at stage2 driving like an asshat 90% of the time.

I guess in the end, that age old saying holds true here as well:

"You gotta pay to play"

:lol:

lol

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why are we busting on this guy? He wants the fun of the turbo and get good MPG. Oddly the fastest growing car company state side has figured out how to get you a boosted motor and decent MPG.

I would believe he is not revving passed 2500 rpm, therefore not using the turbo at all. lol

Fat charlie. im impressed with your mileage and after my next fill up have a goal to shoot for. do you recommend disconnecting my battery to reset the computer so it relearns my new driving habits?

Any other advice for people who ocassionally want good mpgs? Within reason and safety of course.

note location will vary mileage, where hilly areas you can coast but watch the uphill boost.

15,000 miles per year

$3.75/gallon

@ 25mpg = $2250

@ 32mpg = $1758

By my math you'd be hard pressed to save more than $500/year.

I think your tires are bigger than you realize and that you're not actually getting the mileage you claim.

What size are they?

Where the hell are you getting premium for $3.75???

dr. sharp- 22 isn't good for the highway, but I was getting 22 combined over the whole tank. I'd get 25 and change when I had a trip long enough that the whole tank was nothing but highway.

Rusty9- I generally don't take it much past 4000. So I'm not in the turbo with both feet, but I do use it.

InnocentGuns- That's easy:

-Open windows are bad for aero. So are roof racks, add on wings and mudflaps.

-Higher tire pressure = less rolling resistance.

-The pedal in the middle is great for turning gasoline into brake dust.

-If you're not accelerating, then just about all the gas you're burning at the moment is being wasted.

I wouldn't disconnect the battery, especially if you aren't going to do this all the time- you'd wind up never having the right tune. It wouldn't be right for saving gas or for burning lots of it and then where would you be? I don't recommend any of the techniques that people scream about as being dangerous. They actually aren't- they're only as unsafe as you are. Do what you want but watch out you don't get anyone killed, just like in every other part of your life.

BigTDogg- That's average. I paid $4.29 yesterday.

Archived