LegacyGT.com

Do you want to see some real performance with an LGT?

Yawn......................quite frankly I'm more impressed by his gas mileage.

From the guy suggesting its okay to put 87 octane in our cars..............quite frankly I'm more impressed by damn near anything than your opinion, dog.:lol:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

505.7 miles, the tire size takes that to 522.89miles. 15.869 gallons makes it 32.95 mpg. Considering that it's got one really rainy day and one day that my wife took the car (she got 25.2 mpg), that's a great tank.

DeltaNu- That's awesome!

LAGT- Sorry, I asked what you could do. You've bolted enough stuff onto your car to make it go fast, and it sure is. Great job! I'll bet anyone good with a clutch could get a good time out of it, though. If I wanted to get a 500 mile tank "The LAGT Way" I'd have to pay someone to rig a couple 5 gallon cans into my fuel system.

Strizzy- You're getting great mileage for someone not aiming for it, but if you want to fit in with some folks here you're going to have to drive less smoothly. You're having fun, but you're not burning enough gas to "prove" it.

338609503_14June.thumb.jpg.b6775dedc0dd612ddd921e1ae18b8469.jpg

If I wanted to get a 500 mile tank "The LAGT Way" I'd have to pay someone to rig a couple 5 gallon cans into my fuel system. smoothly. You're having fun, but you're not burning enough gas to "prove" it.

Ask locals about me occasionally carrying an extra 15 gallons in my trunk spare tire hole when I had to go far for meets where no e85 was around.:lol:

You aren't driving a 243 HP, AWD sport sedan to the tune of 33 MPG regardless of what tires you throw on it. On a mostly flat, 2 lane country highway cruise with cruise control on @ 55 MPH in 5th gear (RPMs around 2300-2500, IIRC), I get 28-28.5 MPG on my stock GT. Unless you're cruising those 500 miles at a constant speed of 40 MPH in 5th gear, it is impossible to get those kinds of numbers out of this car.

i can really stretch my tank of gas too! i usually get 2 - 2.5 weeks out of one tank. how's that for performance?

i kid i kid. i live in the city and take public transportation to work. love the short commute, but it drives me crazy seeing my LGT sit around 5 days a week.

i can really stretch my tank of gas too! i usually get 2 - 2.5 weeks out of one tank. how's that for performance?

i kid i kid. i live in the city and take public transportation to work. love the short commute, but it drives me crazy seeing my LGT sit around 5 days a week.

But its Philly :(:spin:

I get a month+ easy!!

Why are we busting on this guy? He wants the fun of the turbo and get good MPG. Oddly the fastest growing car company state side has figured out how to get you a boosted motor and decent MPG.

Now to call out all these wankers beat on his 50 tall tires. Frankly, a stock GT Limit handles like crap. Lots of body role, numb steering and poor turn in. So unless you all race your little 4 door family sedan at the track let the guy have his fun. (more on this in a moment)

I personally have been utterly disappointed with Subaru and their inability to tune a car to get great mpg while cruising. Almost no one here is cruising at 55mph. I cruise at 80-85 and the best I get is around 24-26mpg. That's because the tune on this motor is piss poor, as is most of Subaru's tunes. Car that falls flat on it's face after 5K pathetic.

You can own this car for multiple reasons, but to tune it to be a race car is one of the lamest reasons out there. I lump those folks in with ricer boy civic owners. You should have bought a WRX STI and just had a real sports sedan. Instead all of you beat on him about his MPG goals bought a luxury family sedan you think is hot shit because you've modded a few things. You are neither fast nor cool. Come to the track and we can measure your speed with lap times not HP.

OP - Cool about your MPG I'll probably buy taller tires for a the wife. She commutes in this car and she'll like the more luxury ride.

Why are we busting on this guy? He wants the fun of the turbo and get good MPG. Oddly the fastest growing car company state side has figured out how to get you a boosted motor and decent MPG.

Now to call out all these wankers beat on his 50 tall tires. Frankly, a stock GT Limit handles like crap. Lots of body role, numb steering and poor turn in. So unless you all race your little 4 door family sedan at the track let the guy have his fun. (more on this in a moment)

I personally have been utterly disappointed with Subaru and their inability to tune a car to get great mpg while cruising. Almost no one here is cruising at 55mph. I cruise at 80-85 and the best I get is around 24-26mpg. That's because the tune on this motor is piss poor, as is most of Subaru's tunes. Car that falls flat on it's face after 5K pathetic.

You can own this car for multiple reasons, but to tune it to be a race car is one of the lamest reasons out there. I lump those folks in with ricer boy civic owners. You should have bought a WRX STI and just had a real sports sedan. Instead all of you beat on him about his MPG goals bought a luxury family sedan you think is hot shit because you've modded a few things. You are neither fast nor cool. Come to the track and we can measure your speed with lap times not HP.

OP - Cool about your MPG I'll probably buy taller tires for a the wife. She commutes in this car and she'll like the more luxury ride.

Says the man with a 5EAT in Reno.

hey, what's wrong with philly? best city in the U.S... proven by our decline population since the 1950s.

Are you on crack? I left that city a long time ago and never looked back. enjoy your city tax

At 80-85 you are doing what 3+k RPMs? The car is screaming!! Its not a matter of the tune :rolleyes:

And as for the 5k and falling on its face its the size of the turbo.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

WHEN ANIMALS ATTACK!

Between the EAT trans and STI fandom, no one wants to hear you vagina leak about small turbos, rich factory tunes that will run piss fuel without blowing up or having envy about big rear wings on your car.;)

521.6 miles. The tire size makes that 539.33 miles. 16.238 gallons brings it in at 33.21 mpg. I had to take a different route a couple of days, which didn't help but it was really hot, which did.

WhiskeyTango- doing what, making it perform better?

LAGT- You got me there! ;) I wanted to stay stock though.

08 LGT- Yes I am. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean someone else can't.

Strizzy, Unaturally- Dino, not Uni.

neversummer- You got me. I haven't had a tank last that long in ages.

rob-2- So you're saying that it makes more sense to buy the car you want in the first place? There was a great article some years ago in Car and Driver. They contacted all the tuner shops they could find and invited them to a track day with the best their shops had to offer. C&D brought a base Corvette and spanked the living hell out of the field. Some of the built and tuned rice would have cost a customer over $90k (combined- one check for the car, one check for the speed shop) and they couldn't touch the stock Vette. I don't think it was a complete shutout, one car may have beaten the Vette in one place (0-60, 1/4, skidpad, braking?) but nobody was even close for a lap. It was also the only car that hadn't voided its warranty.

The taller tire changes the ride like you wouldn't believe. There are some railroad tracks that I don't have to slow down for anymore, and there's a dirt road that I take sometimes that I can do more than 20 on now. The tune was never a concern to me, but the gearing is horrible. WhiskeyTango has it there- what this car needs is a real 6th gear- not that pathetic Spec B sixth, but one tall enough to make sense putting on top of a regular fifth gear. Cruising at 80 without touching the turbo would be awesome, and it has the power to do it.

Xero287- You're a lightweight. I got an UltraGauge and can get 999.9.

ScoobyGT15- MPG gain isn't performance, but MPH gain is? We're both making the car go farther for a given amount of input. With my roads and commute, increasing the car's speed to something that will measurably cut my commute time will either be a wasted effort because of congestion or will land me in jail. So I went the other way. Without measurably increasing my commute time (I still drop my kids off at the same time and work still starts at the same time), I'm driving the hell out of it and getting really impressive numbers. As an added bonus, I don't have to stop for gas as often. I hate having to stop.

22June12.thumb.jpg.44355d1abb5002f949293e221cc870a9.jpg

Archived