LegacyGT.com

harmon kardon audio model year worth it?

been lookin at 07-09 legacy gt, really like the harmon kardon audio but havent compared them much. does it sound alot better?

found an 08 spec b that is certified might pull the trigger on it

I changed out all the harmon kardon stuff in mine except the front door tweeters. It sounded fine when I still had it all in there. It's probably worth it just for the speaker locations to already be cut, wires run, etc. I haven't heard a non-HK one tho so...

IMO my 05 stock radio sounds better then the HK system. The OEM with Sub has a lot less hiss.

My GF even said that. I have replaced the front speakers in the Spec, but didn't help much.

The plus side is Satilite radio.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Moderators
IMO my 05 stock radio sounds better then the HK system. The OEM with Sub has a lot less hiss.

My GF even said that. I have replaced the front speakers in the Spec, but didn't help much.

The plus side is Satilite radio.

I disagree. The HK in my 09 Sedan sounded WAY better than what is in my 05 wagon. Just my opinion though, and the wagon is also a lot more space to fill. YMMV.

I wouldn't buy a turbo subie based on the sound system. You'll save money in the long run by focusing on finding a car that has been well maintained over what the speakers sound like.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Archived