LegacyGT.com

Stage 2 legacy vs '11-'12 Sti???

^Were you in fifth?

Just an update that how much boost you're running is irrelevant. I'm stage one and I'm peaking at around 17.1, no knock, worry-free. I'm almost certain this has to do with driver skill.

Videos/Timeslips ftw.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see a lot of theoryfudging and butt-dyno going on in this thread. How about some numbers?

Lets assume cobb is right and stage 2 is ~ 6% hp and ~20% ft/lb gain. With that, stage 2 should be around 260 hp / 290 ft/lb.

Just going from these numbers alone, no, you won't win. Stage 2 leggy makes less power and is heavier than the stock 2012 sti wagon. It FEELS like it might stand a chance because it makes a LOT more low end torque (look at the graph in the cobb link, it really is a huge improvement) but it just doesn't make the power. The STI also has better gearing.

2008 leggy gt manual : 3415 lbs, 243 hp / 241 ft/lb

2012 sti wagon (lightest): 3,373 lbs, 305 hp / 290 ft/lb

Stage 2 2008 leggy gt manual : 3415 lbs, 260 hp / 290 ft/lb

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/wrxsti/wrxsti2012.html

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/legacy2008.html

http://www.cobbtuning.com/Subaru-AccessPORT-p/ap-sub-003.htm#/v/accessport/power/subaru/ap-sub-003/power-gains-legacy-07-09

Crank means nothing, WHP means a little. Who cares what wins in a straight line? Take turns and actually test the driver. Shifting is very.... I dunno what to say just who cares.

I had what looked like a new STi up my butt on the way to work this morning. I was just waiting for an opening in the traffic and when I found one I punched it (stage II). It was several seconds before he also accelerated but I kept pulling away then braked hard for my turn. Either I had him or he didn't want to try too hard - too early in the a.m. for that crap

I had what looked like a new STi up my butt on the way to work this morning. I was just waiting for an opening in the traffic and when I found one I punched it (stage II). It was several seconds before he also accelerated but I kept pulling away then braked hard for my turn. Either I had him or he didn't want to try too hard - too early in the a.m. for that crap

It sounds like to me that he had you.

Tits mcgee

I've driven in most of the US, as well as the Caribbean & nearly half of Europe. I've driven all over Baltimore, in & around DC, and I'll be back in VA in a couple of months. Bad drivers there doesn't hold a candle to, say, Houston. Here in Tampa they're pretty bad as well.

...and in case it wasn't obvious, I was joking. I've owned an STi. I don't believe I'd have a shot at taking one down in my LGT.

Tits mcgee

I'm sure a basic stg 2 lgt can run neck and neck, if not squeeze out and beat an stock sti 04-12.

Stock sti's put down around 220-230 whp and about the same tq.

Stg 2 lgt 230-250 whp.

stg 2 lgt should just squeeze out and beat a stock sti. Not by much by still a victory

Archived