LegacyGT.com

Stage 2 legacy vs '11-'12 Sti???

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Low-end torque you got with your stage2 won't help you much. W/o tire upgrade it could even make your launch slower, by making spinning tires too much easier. On the power you barely got 25 hp bump. Probably barely enough to keep up with WRX265.

So, low-end torque makes the car feel substantially faster than it really is. It's nice to have for DD. Don't have to shift as much to accelerate.

Dang.. Aight. Prob still race him though- no launching involved. I haven't launched the legacy yet. Being easy on that tranny. I'm thinking for my next mods a mid pipe and possibly external waste gate. Need to do some research on water/meth injection kits. Any input for Mods I can run with the stage two map are appreciated.

Any input for Mods I can run with the stage two map are appreciated.

Yeah a shift knob :p

You pretty much have to tune for anything you do to the car. You dont need a ewg on a stock turbo lol. How about a good set of tires? That's the best mod for the car IMO.

Yeah a shift knob :p

You pretty much have to tune for anything you do to the car. You dont need a ewg on a stock turbo lol. How about a good set of tires? That's the best mod for the car IMO.

I do need a new shift knob/ short shifter... But I want to make as much power as I can with my stage two map!! That's my goal for this year. Next year will be parts that I will need a pro tune for.

If you have an up pipe and down pipe then your fine. Get better brakes to stop better. Work on suspension to handle the power better. Get better tires to grip better. Raw power doesn't always make a car fast.. You can have have a measly hp producing car with an amazing suspension that is extremely fast. Miata's are a perfect example. My friend has a 240 that keeps up with my friend's viper on corners and the track. His 240 has a stock KA with probably 8k in suspension alone.

You shouldnt have a problem against a stock sti. Stage 1 sti would be a really good race, and the sti would take you at stage 2. Stock sti's are restricted so much by the tune and its factory parts.

I would say a stage 2 leggy would be equal or just slightly faster than a stock STI. I am stage 2 with a Cobb catted downpipe,cobb catback and a perrin uppipe and the cobb ots stage 2 map. the other saturday on my way to work a 2012 Challenger R/T (375hp Hemi) wanted to play and we went a couple rounds from different speeds and stuff and it was basically dead even...

Off topic, but I was responding to a Z06 vs STI video on YouTube and this guy claimed that the STI runs low 12's stock and he knows this because he owns one. :confused: I wanted to slap him silly.

From what I have read, they run mid 13's stock or so. I'm sure in a straight line it would be close and you would probably take him.

Question is, can you take my 2012 NA powerhouse? :lol:

Edit: Why are a few of you talking about tire upgrades? I just don't see this car even with 400hp having issues on launch.

Archived