LegacyGT.com

Stage 2 legacy vs '11-'12 Sti???

Edit: Why are a few of you talking about tire upgrades? I just don't see this car even with 400hp having issues on launch.

if you go back and read, the OP was asking about what other mods he could do to his "stg2" car. I recommended brakes, suspension, and tires. Those alone make a huge difference, even on a bone stock engine.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if you go back and read, the OP was asking about what other mods he could do to his "stg2" car. I recommended brakes, suspension, and tires. Those alone make a huge difference, even on a bone stock engine.

I guessed I missed that.. One hour of sleep in 24 hours will do that to you. Dam insomnia. Lol.

Now im certainly not claiming im a good drag racer, or that my friend is, but I have a Stg 2 spec.b and he has a stock '11 WRX. We went up the the strip last wednesday and we ran against each other a couple of time. Once or twice we launched about dead even and once we got rolling I had no problem running away from him.

I did notice that he did have a gearing advantage. At one point I shifted twice to his once and he gained ground because of that. Obviously an STI would have the same issue againt a 5 speed lgt

About to wrap my dp.. And I got a couple hose clamps.. 2 1/2 - 4 1/4" or something and I'm wondering what I should use for securing the wrap on the bellmouth part. I don't want to buy an expensive pack of 30 steel ties or something.... Any suggestions?

About to wrap my dp.. And I got a couple hose clamps.. 2 1/2 - 4 1/4" or something and I'm wondering what I should use for securing the wrap on the bellmouth part. I don't want to buy an expensive pack of 30 steel ties or something.... Any suggestions?

I used a large hose clamp

When I was stage 2"+", all it took for me to embarrass a stock STi with the exception of me missing a gear (lol),was a TBE with divorced WG, Header, Up pipe, intake, and custom Cobb tune. I pulled 2 car lengths from a 20 roll for about a quarter mile. Don't blame the driver because he's a better driver than I once was. :lol:

upgrade your uppipe and TMIC next. also r u on OTS map or a custom tune?

there is no way aside from turbo upgrade i know of to make substantial power AFTER stage 2....but with that comes Up Pipe (if not done during stage 2), TMIC (if not done yet), injectors and fuel pump, turbo (ofcrose) and a custom tune....and factor in a new clutch upgrade.

FMIC will create more power but as a trade off kills spool so if the OP just wants to be able to beat a stock or stage 1 STi or local street cars, just go aftermarket TMIC.

Lol the new sti's are the fastest ones yet. :spin:

EFI tuned a stock 2011 with just a catback at 330/330 to the wheels. Even the new gt's make more power than the stock gt's. But theyre also boats IMO.

Please point me to evidence of this claim. Thanks.

5th gens stage 2 would destroy a stock STI. running 12.8 at like 105 mph. Check Rutchard's videos when he was just stage 2. New boat LGT is only 110lbs heavier than STI hatch. sedan is lighter. The lightest is WRX sedan base. Also 2010 LGT has less laggy turbo setup.

Stage 2 STI would probably be faster than stage 2 LGT because of a bigger turbo.

FMIC will create more power but as a trade off kills spool so if the OP just wants to be able to beat a stock or stage 1 STi or local street cars, just go aftermarket TMIC.

But in the long run FMIC would be the obvious choice.. I haven't done too much research on turbo cars yet. I know Certain things by logic I guess but not sure exactly how they affect performance.

FMIC are definitely a better choice for more power. It sacrifices spool depending on the core and pipe routing. I know RacerX and FMS have pretty nice cores but still spool pretty quick. I only noticed a tiny bit more lag but not much. It's not a dramatic change.

FMIC are definitely a better choice for more power. It sacrifices spool depending on the core and pipe routing. I know RacerX and FMS have pretty nice cores but still spool pretty quick. I only noticed a tiny bit more lag but not much. It's not a dramatic change.

Almost doesn't make sense.. You're taking more air, with a much lower temp into the turbo.. How doesn't this make a big difference?

It has to compress the air in longer piping and into the core. Look at the TMIC and how it immediately contacts turbo and throttle body. When you have a FMIC, the air has to travel before it hits your engine.

torquesolution tmic, clutch/wrx flywheel, cobb catted dp, invidia catless up, custom (garbage) catless exhaust no mufflers, cobb v2 ap makes stock turbo push 17psi pro-tuned, turbosmart bov.

on a closed course in Cuba I ran 2012 STI stock, 40 roll to 125mph I put about 5 car lengths.

Archived