Legacy GT moved from STU to STX

iggybdawg

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • I Donated
I'm not going for pax. It's an ap1 so it won't be as good as the ap2 in b anyways. I'm hoping to become a better driver in the coming years and think this is a good tool to use to accomplish that. Apparently snap oversteer is a major problem with the ap1

• 3 months later...
  • I Donated

I think I finally figured out how to drive my car yesterday. I felt good in it, something I haven't felt in that car ever autocrossing. Recently it has been upsetting me with how much it wasn't reacting the way I wanted it to. Now, it feels very good and is doing what I want it to. Here are my two fastest runs, one clean and one dirty.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9foKQjh4tlA]Renegade Miata school fastest clean run 4-13-14 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi_HBqQG8MA]Renegade Miata School fastest dirty run 4-13-14 - YouTube[/ame]

You were really on it in your first run. You turned in very good for everything, still a little slow in the slalom at :48 though...I think that's just something we have to live with in the LGT on stock bushings and steering rack.

BTW if you delete the "s" in https, the video will embed as long as you got the rest of the link parsed correctly.

• I Donated
You were really on it in your first run. You turned in very good for everything, still a little slow in the slalom at :48 though...I think that's just something we have to live with in the LGT on stock bushings and steering rack.

BTW if you delete the "s" in https, the video will embed as long as you got the rest of the link parsed correctly.

I still haven't figured out slaloms. The first half of this event was an autocross school and I didn't have as much time as I would like in the slalom. If everything goes well on saturday though, i'll have an s2000 that i'll be autocrossing with my dad.

• 1 month later...
In reading some of the other threads there is comment on a Cobb STX Map for the Legacy GT. In searching the Cobb site I can't find the mentioned Map.

Also would this map work with a 2008 SpecB?

Dale Sand

It's actually listed as a STU map, because that's where the Legacy was classed a few years ago, but it only appears to be listed for the 05 and 06 LGT. Any map for a LGT will work with a Spec B, but the year has to be correct.

As far as the Cobb off the shelf STU vs normal Stage 2 maps go, the difference in output between the STU map and my PDX stg 2 E-tune is marginal. The STU map made a bit more peak torque and the Stg 2 map made a bit more horsepower. Both curves were very similar. When I saw the curves and peak output was so similar, I reverted back to the stg 2 map, since it was safer for the engine.

If you're just doing local events, no one will care considering the rest of your hardware is legal for touring. If you plan on doing national events, tuners can make some really good power on a touring map.

Thanks but a bit confused. I'm basic stock with STI springs, larger sway's. and Magnaflow cat back with Cobb stg 1 map for 91. But the Cobb map raises boost to 15.5, I thought STX needed to be stock boost levels.

I could flash back to stock for this AutoX, yes I know they probably wont know but I work with one of the guy's putting it on.

STX/U maps dont increase boost they just change how that boost comes on and optimize timing and fuel to get the most power out of the stock peak boost amount. they are as good as a stage 1 map in most cases but comply to the rules.

anyways, no one is really gonna care if you are running your stage 1 map at a local event unless you are winning your class a lot. If anyone in a prepped brz/frs or RX-8 shows up, you are gonna get whooped anyways. they are the cars to have in that class and the tuning you can do to them gives them as nearly much HP increase as a stage 1 tune for a legacy.

• 1 month later...
  • I Donated

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/21/hyzyduhe.jpg

pfoyle joined me today for his first autocross, dropped 8 seconds over the course of the day! Brought my LGT as support vehicle since both of my parents and I were all running my S2000. I'm feeling much more confident in the S2000 and can't wait to get a front bar in it. Pfoyle had great runs and dropped more and more time each run as the day went on. Nice job buddy!

pfoyle joined me today for his first autocross, dropped 8 seconds over the course of the day! Brought my LGT as support vehicle since both of my parents and I were all running my S2000. I'm feeling much more confident in the S2000 and can't wait to get a front bar in it. Pfoyle had great runs and dropped more and more time each run as the day went on. Nice job buddy!

I'm honestly amazed at how much fun I had, given that I was only on course for about 7 minutes over the entire (8-9 hour) day... Those 60s sprints, all-out, are just incredible! Can't wait to do it again, and REALLY looking forward to my HPDE at Thompson Speedway next month! Wonder if I can wear enough tread off my Bridgestone Pole Positions to justify new tires (proper summer tires) by then... hmmm... :lol:

Thanks again for all your tips, and for the ride-along in your S2000, that was badass!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • I Donated
Yup, saw that. It was an underdog nationally in ESP anyways, Far as I know you were the only one who made a serious try at it in Street Prepared. The white bugeye who won ESP last year at nationals won it by a large amount, and the legacy is a fair bit heavier. Definitely fcked in ASP, but I don't think it really affects too many people.

Archived