LegacyGT.com

What kind of MPG is your 2.5i getting?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
In my 2.5i I average between 22-25mpg, commuting to school which is 50 miles each way driving fairly aggressively on country backroads. I could take the interstate, which I have on occasion and average a little over 30, but depending on the time of day, it's not worth the aggravation of sitting in traffic. I also noticed when I jumped up my tire size to 225/45, it did drop my gas mileage slightly until I found a sweet spot tire pressure wise, which is 38 PSI in my case.

During the winter (which is the bulk of time I've owned my car so far) i get about 22.4/23.4mpg average. During warmer weather I'm hitting 25.8mpg easy and that's with about 1/3 of my route on the highway. I've done a few long highway drives and i was getting 30/32 mpg during them and that was with pouring rain.

I just did another highway run but this time I got 29.6 calculated and 31.8 on the display (trip computer seems to be reliably 2.2 mpg happy). On the way back it showed 29 so probably around 27 (I cruise controlled it that time).

I've been getting 21-22 MPH around town, but that's mostly 5min trips. I usually get around 26 mixed driving and 28-30 highway. I do have wider, sticky tires and a stiff suspension... and tend to keep my foot on the accelerator.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

• 3 weeks later...

2010 2.5i CVT

I usually average 29-30 MPG on mixed 70% highway/30% city. I've gotten as high as 34-35 if I babied it.

I've tried to do on the highway to put the CVT in manual mode to keep it in 6th gear during slight inclines and such. I think I get better because the engine doesn't rev as high as it does in automatic.

450-500 on a single tank, which isn't too shabby.

"What's God, if not the spark that started life?"

~ Last Ride of the Day by Nightwish

• 4 weeks later...

Went on a 1900 mile round trip to North Carolina. I got 30.5-31.5mpg on all of the fillups using Shell gas whenever possible. 500 mile fill-ups FTW!

I live in the country and do a lot of 10-20 mile runs @ 55mph. I can actually get more like 32.5mpg around home.

A drive from Wilkes-Barre, PA to Fort Dix, NJ, with a full tank, netted me 38.4 MPG according to the computer. This was all highway until the very end, going from 70-75 the entire time. It's the highest I've ever seen.

"What's God, if not the spark that started life?"

~ Last Ride of the Day by Nightwish

• 2 months later...

Archived