LegacyGT.com

What kind of MPG is your 2.5i getting?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just filled up today.

On the cusp of 27.0 and 27.3. My drive is 50% highway, 50% city.

I usually don't drive aggressively but I do mash on it every now and then getting on the freeway or on a particular street.

I feel like I have a quicker response in throttle response at speeds over 50MPH than I did previously with the stock filter. Especially noticeable when getting stuck in slow traffic.

• 3 months later...
I just arrived in DC from SF (general route: 5 to 40 to 81 to 66). I averaged 27.3 mpg over the ~3200 miles, although to be fair, the drive included several mpg sucking side trips in Arizona and New Mexico, and I spent a substantial portion of my time on the interstates at speeds > 80 mph. I guess this is about what I'd expected to get. Part of me was hoping I'd clear 30 mpg, but not badly enough to skip Monument Valley or to slow down to 70!

Around summer and fall last year I was averaging around 26-27 in a mix of city and suburban driving. Now I'm getting around 21-22 in this cold weather because I've been letting my car warm up for 5-10 minutes for 15 minute drives to school. I've wondered about the need to let a car warm up for an extended period of time. How long should it take until the engine is ready?

Averaging about 27mpg combined city/highway with a 60 mile roundtrip commute to work each day going over a mountain. No complaints considering what I have to drive over. Thinking about getting a K&N drop in filter for a little more power and possible gas mileage improvement.

Archived