LegacyGT.com

heard knocking on the way home - intermittent

wow all of this from just being low on oil and taking a turn to make it go on one side? Time to get anal about this and check my oil every other day lol...I'm sorry to hear this happened hope everything works out...build it ;)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm expecting to see more metal than what you show there.

lol slow, I see your new here, you need to check the oil level every few day's and top it off as needed until you learn how much oil your car uses.

Never let it get low.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Thanks - a friend (big suby guy [wrx w/450awhp]) says "that's nothing (not a lot). Re-fill the oil, start it up. See what happens. If you need a new shortblock, you'd still need one after starting it again for a bit."
SOLD | '06 spec.B - VF52/AVO/740cc/Up/Down | 238awhp | 50-80mph 3.1 seconds.

This sucks..I too would have expected to see more stuff, but I have zero experience with spun bearings.

I think you are in a tough position on how to proceed...you got the dreaded low oil light for what sounds like a few seconds, you thought you heard some knocking sounds and you got a CEL for the AVCS. You have some (IMO) very limited evidence that your motor is toast. There is nothing that clearly points to a catastrophic event. I would do more investigating before you order a new shortblock - just don't know how you can do it without causing more damage.

My friend got the same AVCS light then his turbo died a few weeks later. We drained the oil, installed a new turbo and he has been running strong for 20K miles. Granted he did not get the low oil or knocking sounds...but it turned out ok for him.

Best of luck...I am going oil pressure gauge shopping. :(

I did see a little bit of sheen to the oil - again, contaminated environment though.

Fred Beans shows $2205 shipped for long block and gasket kit. Friend is selling a forged shortblock for $2200.

Ya know, re: fix and sell...if I fix, I have a new engine. (sigh). If I replace w/ another used car, I have 'mystery'. :(

Holy Chit. LOOK CLOSER guys.

Definitely a sheen. I'm screwed. My bearings were supposed to be WINNING.....not SPINNING!

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=113399&stc=1&d=1330645800

oil2.jpg.f539fc6ccc111c6be51509b26359ea60.jpg

I'm looking at your girlfriend.

:)

Seriously though, thanks to all for the input/advice.

I'll call Vimy and have him do a blessing on the car. That'd fix it.

re: healing. Assuming the rattle/knocking is what I thought it was? Yeah...shit. :(

well...I went back to the oil last night...I felt like an episode of Gold Rush...but it's not gold.

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=113417&stc=1&d=1330693814

oil3.jpg.02983536857ac5365c6a0823df96d9fb.jpg

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp166/crf150yo/goldmember_thumb.jpg\

but seriously though, does this mean you'll be rebuilding AGAIN? your avatar says stage 3.5

I read in some thread bout 'stages' awhile ago...'they' classified turbo swap w/ injectors and whatnot as that stage. I'll probably create a new stage: Stage XIV v2.1. :p

First build coming, seems like.

re: Filled with oil vs. kitty litter. Dude...I have a spec.B. I NEED kitty litter instead of oil to clean up the DESTRUCTION my spec.B puts on GT-Rs, and ZR1s. Spec.B, muthaphucka.

:D

stage 1 = just tune, stage 2 = downpipe and tune, stage 3 = upgraded turbo, stage 4 = upgraded engine

Right - hence stage 3.5. Upgraded turbo + spec.b

haters.

:cool:

Archived