LegacyGT.com

heard knocking on the way home - intermittent

It runs fine/ran fine up and down the driveway, as I said earlier. Y'all folk said to keep driving meant bigger problems later maybe. :)
SOLD | '06 spec.B - VF52/AVO/740cc/Up/Down | 238awhp | 50-80mph 3.1 seconds.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well yes, but its your decision. I would pull the motor, but thats me. If you feel lucky in an environment of odds strongly against you based on physicial evidence, continue driving it. The ball is in your court.

...hence the oil filter experiment. I want as much info as i can get. I plan on replacing the motor. I'm going to oil-it up and have it available if my wife NEEDS a car to run the kids to school in an emergency situation - but we're planning on waiting till pay-day after next to get the $ to have the parts sent.

• 2 months later...

yeah man. Blows. $5300 in parts and labor. :(

I could have used that money for strippers, booze...I dunno...maybe a turbo'd NB Miata w/ 300rwhp? Or strippers...

thanks man. Yeah, I ordered the killerb before I knew the pick-up was bad; was hoping to prevent, ya know? Anywho - heads are being assembled now - should have the car back in a week. Maybe.

Yeah - as I wrote - ordered it as a precaution even before I knew the factory one was bad.

Was close to going all forged internals, too...but, right now just want the car running. Its our family car and my commuter. While my current commuter is no slouch, 17mph from a 1.3L is hurtin' compared to 25mpg in the LGT. :) PLUS...LGT = smoother ride and junk...AND the ability to actually get away from left-lane campers and whatnot. :)

AND the ability to actually get away from left-lane campers and whatnot. :)

^Oh how I love doing this! In fact, when I drive on the highway I am looking forward to meet a camper, just to get an excuse to go into boost :wub:. Hang in there man. You'll get your Spec beautiful real soon!

• 4 weeks later...

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=121019&stc=1&d=1340823222

KillerB installed:

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=121020&stc=1&d=1340823272

Should have the car back between wed and friday next week.

DSCN0048.thumb.jpg.f6a45502297ada92102a702c62d81200.jpg

DSCN0050.thumb.jpg.ea2037e70607fc30a814e93e20e67111.jpg

That is probably the first truely conclusive failure I've actual seen of the oil pickup tube. I am now a believer. Sorry for your loss. Get some VF48 and E85, when you get the car back you'll feel slightly better about what you spent.
lol

• 4 weeks later...

Archived