LegacyGT.com

Ipr tmic?

zeusdog34

You must be under the age of 30..

Um... what the fucks wrong with being under 30? I'm 22, at least I can value other peoples opinions (after I ask for them) and can type halfway decently.

You asked for opinions on something you already ordered because you were looking for reassurance. Instead; you got the truth and thus.. fell into a slight buyers remorse, only! To try and prove us wrong with you're last few posts.

If it looks like shit and smells like shit, chances are... its probably shit.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm under 30 too.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

no buyers remorse! I did ask for opinions and very happy I got them..Some got upset cause I was not following there advice,instead I followed others..Not trying to prove anything,just giving my experience on a product I bought and had installed..And you definitely are acting your age...All anyone has to do is read my thread and people can judge for themselves.. You and others got all pissy cause I was leaning the other way .sorry

Not you Bac..

Thats fine you think the welds look bad but I would have to disagree.. The welds look perfectly fine(not perfect but good)...

Do you know that good welds look like a stack of dimes that has fallen over and overlaps? The welds on your FMS look like they were done by a child. Anyhow, you have already proven that your opinion about fitment and quality of a given product is suspect.

By your own confession and pics the FMIS TMIC fitment is off but you state it is both perfect and well built. Every install someone else does is a breeze. Everything you said is a contradiction and also informative review info for this thread: Chances are if someone has good things to say when there are many negative reviews, its merely because they don't know better, no offence.

I paid HALF the price of a PW..

For less than half the value IMO. If something doesn't fit right, it doesn't fit right. I dunno, maybe your mechanic should have spent more than 45 minutes getting the fitment right since it was such a breeze.

EDIT: NOT PICKING A FIGHT. Im quite serious.

Lol, those do not look like good welds. Those look like rushed welds.

Those look like

A. Someone was learning

B. They got up halfway through welding it and came back to finish it with half of one contact in and half a bottle of everclear downed.

C. Helen keller

Those look like

A. Someone was learning

B. They got up halfway through welding it and came back to finish it with half of one contact in and half a bottle of everclear downed.

C. Helen keller

A.haha you make me laugh

B. Your upset and angry cause no one listens to you

C.Charlie Sheen

wow its fun to play kids games again..

@LosAng...Please show me a child that welds that good(when u say child im guessing 9 or 10).. And when I said the welds look good thats what I meant,not great ,not perfect, just good.. And there is NO FITMENT issue,I had the mechenic(chris) put the hose on the TB as far as it would go so not to blow off.

You people amaze me,just because I like a product that some of you dont like ,Im basically being called a lier and "dont know better"... Truly BS!!

@Catalyst, i agree those welds are perfect but not every product you get will be perfect.And those welds look much better than the PW welds..

A.haha you make me laugh

B. Your upset and angry cause no one listens to you

C.Charlie Sheen

wow its fun to play kids games again..

The best you have is personal insults? And you're the one throeing around the childish under 30 comments.

I made no attack towards you; implied or otherwise. If you felt as I did.. it was simply because of a guilty conscious or some insecurity in your internet portrayal of yourself.

The fact is those are NOT good aluminum TIG welds. I personally don't have enough experience welding TIG to get a better bead than that.. but that's why I stay away from welding aluminum on things that count and stick exclusively to mig.

The truth is, you just dont know any better but can't accept it because you have no idea what you don't know. Proof that a little knowledge is dangerous. I never called you a liar but you lied. You said you installed it AFTER your mechanic installed it. ;)

Next time do your own google search.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_pIaH2eE_wnY/S7KJuprHcxI/AAAAAAAAAHA/m2dmcHZpUOo/s400/david_parker_child_labor_welder_india.jpg

Why is hard to believe? The stocker has end tanks that are designed not to sit about the turbo, the IPR endtank sits right above it. The stocker has plastic endtanks, which will repel heat more than metal will. The IPR is a piece of crap knockoff.

I was also curious about the heat soak of the IPR. On a recent drive on I-5 North going the speed of traffic (80+), I pulled over to fuel up. I opened up the hood and was able to touch the end tank on the turbo side with my bare hand. It was warmer than the other end tank (ambient air temperature), but not by much. So as long as you are moving and there is good airflow through the hood scoop, the heat soak is a non-issue in my opinion.

The best you have is personal insults? And you're the one throeing around the childish under 30 comments.

I made no attack towards you; implied or otherwise. If you felt as I did.. it was simply because of a guilty conscious or some insecurity in your internet portrayal of yourself.

The fact is those are NOT good aluminum TIG welds. I personally don't have enough experience welding TIG to get a better bead than that.. but that's why I stay away from welding aluminum on things that count and stick exclusively to mig.

where is the personal attack??? your upset with me cause it looks like I found a good alternative to a $1000 Tmic and spent 500 less than you.. Dont be upset with my purchase cause im happy with it..

@LosAng, sorry but i disagree with you.. what I can accept is i got a tmic for half the price most of you paid for yours and im just as happy and that bothers you..I've been around cars all my life so I do know a few things.. But to you I have NO knowlege cause I like a product that some of you dont..

Example: Audi cars get great reviews by most top magazines and experts but have terrible reliability issues.So by your thought Audi's are junk and if you buy one you "dont know better" and have no knowlege on the matter

If anything, I am the only one who sarcastically crossed the line :iam:

I dont think you are a liar (I know what you MEANT when you said you installed it but on an enthusiast forum those differences matter a LOT).

I can see your fitment is off since its not straight and it doesnt matter why. Most owners are not going to be happy with less than perfect fitment particularly on a new part. I know I wouldn't.

Fact: BAC5.2 is one of the more ocd guys about parts.

@LosAng, sorry but i disagree with you.. what I can accept is i got a tmic for half the price most of you paid for yours

Once again you have no idea what you are talking about. I dont run TMIC and you will always pay more than I do for parts.

and im just as happy and that bothers you..

No. I could not care less about your happiness. Its your misinformation that I am concerned about.

I've been around cars all my life so I do know a few things..

But you dont know what a weld looks like? Anyhow, EVERYONE in America has been around cars all their lives.

Example: Audi cars get great reviews by most top magazines and experts but have terrible reliability issues.So by your thought Audi's are junk and if you buy one you "dont know better" and have no knowlege on the matter

Please dont tell me you are like my idiot neighbors who read Consumer Reports and Car & Driver and acctually think they know about cars.

Unsubscribed.

@LosAng, sorry but i disagree with you.. what I can accept is i got a tmic for half the price most of you paid for yours and im just as happy and that bothers you..I've been around cars all my life so I do know a few things.. But to you I have NO knowlege cause I like a product that some of you dont..

I owned an audi. It was a piece of shit. When you turned the windshield wipers on the highbeams would flash dash would go out. When you turned the high beams on the dash would go out ans the passenger window wouls go down. When the passenger window went down, the only way to close it was by opening and closing the moonroof. and Thus; in my mind.. audi and vw make shitty cars.

I also work on cars for a living. I see what breaks, I see what doesn't. Poor fitting, poorly welded aftermarket parts designed to hold pressure, typically break.

@1055, so what are you saying? everyone that owns a Audi "does not know any better" and are idiots cause you said so?

@LosAng, nope dont read consumer reports!No misinformation stating what I experienced with the install and the product..

And please you sound like my idiot coworker that thinks they know everything..you said that " You will always pay more for my parts than I do "well i guess u dont know everything cause I paid zero for my magnaflo mufflers..You like to give out non factual information about my install and review..

Best luck with your mods. I'm usually polite on forums where I know I don't know a lot, and try to stick to where I have explicit, informed experience. That said...screw the denegrating fucks on here. You put up with a lot of somewhat erudite shit and did a reasonable job of defending your decisions. In retrospect, its easy for members to comment based on their experiences; so keep researching/learning. Enjoy your LGT!! Just please don't ask about oil recommendations.

Mike

Im sorry but, OP:

1. Asked for advice about item he bought

2. Didn't like advice he got

3. Lied about install

4. Made rude comment about people under 30

5. Personal attacks

6. Cried for help.

How is that a good system?

Why do forums intending to unite people with common interests, and are designed for support often turn into battle grounds? Yes, the OP may have made some forum decorum errors, but I've seen a lot less informed, inarticulate, and annoying forum denizens. We can all learn from the exchange(s). Now let's get out there and invade Iran.

Lol. I'm not taking sides (as this is an argument that doesn't need to happen)but you really think this guy lied about who installed it?!?! I'm fairly critical, but that's a tad intense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@1055

1.got advice thanks

2.chose to except others advice

3. accurate about easy install

4.laughing at the under 30's gusto

5.enjoying the whining

6.gave my review and experience with the tmic

It is a good system!(not great ,good)

Archived