LegacyGT.com

Ipr tmic?

zeusdog34

I just bought a IPR tmic(should get next week) for my 07 Leggy GT.. I read some thingS about it..I was wondering what some of you thought who have this IC.. Notice any performance gains, what u think about the quality,how was the install? I have read a few things about the gasket being junk,should i use a different gasket?Also how much boost you running..thanks

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm running 21 psi with mine. Been on there for 18 months using the white plastic gasket.

Tighten but not over tighten the bolts holding it to the turbo, the threads are aluminum.

I had a had time getting mine to line up on the intake hose. I drove to the place I bought from and had them put it on. I have had it of a number times in now it goes on like OEM.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

No. I'm not good with computers. My Tuner http://www.tuningalliance.com takes care of my cars.

Are you good with a lap top ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

You'll need to get the car street tuned at the least.

Or you'll need the cables to plug in your laptop to the OBD2 port.

Do you have a Cobb AP ?

Oh yes, Maine, can't get 93 octane up there.

So you have a v2 coming. Mike can email you maps that you can load into the AP then load in the ECU. You'll be able to data log and send him the logs.

Or may be someone here knows of a Tuner in your area that can street tune or dyno tune.

Where are you in Maine ?

you can buy a process west clone for less then $425. I started with IPR and in my honest opinion they are not any better then the stocker. Well, maybe marginally because they can hold more boost. But at least the stocker fits correctly. My tuner is actually turning away people that have these because he said they don't cool the way they are supposed to.

Don't worry, I seem to recall fitment issues with most tmic's. There is a thread somewhere on here about fitment issues with most of them.

Like I said, once the guy's (AJWPerformance) put mine on, it fit's like OEM now. I had it off 3 or 4 times since.

I need to move my tranny to the right a bit. Since I put the tranny back in last Jul the tmic has been hitting the clutch MC. But before that it didn't hit anything. I'm just waiting for warmer weather to do that.

I started with a IPR. So i'm talking from personal experience. Cooling was shit. It was always hot and fit terrible. The throttle body hose would pop off constantly when I would boost above 20 psi. I got tired of it and got the process west style. It was almost a hundred dollars cheaper. The process west is the same size as a small front mount. After driving hard you can actually feel the heat on the turbo side but the TB side is cool enough to touch. The IPR was never cool enough to touch ever. IPR also uses crap cooling cores. Not all intercooler cores are equal. It's a chinese knock off of the perrin. The only people that like the IPR are people that have not used a better intercooler. The perrin style cores just fit like shit. Prob 50/50 whether or not you will have issues with fitment. But at least the perrin has decent cooling cores. As far as all top mounts having fitment issues, that was true, until process west came out with their tmic. They actually use two silicon hoses. This allows for better fitment to the turbo and TB and allows for a core that is nearly double the size of any other TMIC. You asked what people thought. Don't get mad because my answer is not to your liking.

Thanks for the info, I have seen the Process West, just haven't read much about it. If I ever get around to replacing the tmic on my 09 I'll keep it in mind.

Im not getting upset, not really sure what your talking about? It did not work for you and now your pushing Process West(ok).. Thanks for your input.. I wanted to hear what people thought good or bad.. Just like when I bough my Cobbb av2, a lot of people said they are junk,not worth the money ect.. Well you know what I love the thing and think it well worth the $$.. Max Cap, thanks for your input ..

Archived