LegacyGT.com

Alloy Discoloration

PhilT

Hi guys, I searched the archives and found nothing about this so here's my question:

Has anyone else had problems with their wheels becoming discoloured around the wheel nuts. It appears that the clearcoat is coming away from the alloy, although its not actually peeling. I have heard of this on other cars, especially up here where there is a ton of salt on the roads in the winter. Would this be covered under warranty ?

subaru puts some kind of wax or grease on the lugs apperently -- and as the wheel heats up it melts and drips out. Thats most likely what you're seeing.

Some goo gone or other grease remover and a little bit scrubbing should clean them up fine.

you'l probably have to repeat this every once in a while as more of the stuff drips out.

subaru puts some kind of wax or grease on the lugs apperently -- and as the wheel heats up it melts and drips out. Thats most likely what you're seeing.

Some goo gone or other grease remover and a little bit scrubbing should clean them up fine.

you'l probably have to repeat this every once in a while as more of the stuff drips out.

If it's this, then I got it too...I just use scratch remover polish...it's also clear-coat safe...very easy to take that stuff off with! :D

In Taiwan now...:spin:

Archived