LegacyGT.com

Teh DM's KSport Coilover Review

Drift Monkey

Alright, I just can't resist...

Ahhh, it seems like master DM isn't quite as wise as he may think. :lol:

Hey, you had to know I'd bring it up.... ;)

Looks nice though. For the price the K-Sports look like an awesome deal.

Actually, as it stands, my car hasn't rubbed in the rear since and still:

A. my car is lower than your car

B. the offset is is wider

C. the tires are wider

I've been rubbing in the front because of over-lowering ambition. :lol: As of last night I've worked out all of the rubs after some "spirited driving." :cool:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:roofles: I'll let him respond with the story on this install :lol:

(He wants to help me do an install when he is in NOVA next month - am I the only one that thinks it may be a bad idea?) :D

But I DIDN'T get injured on the coilover install! I got injured fixing another perrin fitment problem. :rolleyes:

DM: So what would you suggest first for those with completely stock supensions. Do sways first or get these coilovers.?

I put on a rear sway not too long (days) after I put the coilovers on...

...which first? I'd say coilovers. :D

DM, The shape of the legacy front fenders means that you can give them a nice little flare if you carefully pull out the lower edge of the fender on the top front of the wheel opening. I'd just advise doing this BEFORE the tires manage to grab the fender lip and bend it straight down... ask me how I know....

DM, The shape of the legacy front fenders means that you can give them a nice little flare if you carefully pull out the lower edge of the fender on the top front of the wheel opening. I'd just advise doing this BEFORE the tires manage to grab the fender lip and bend it straight down... ask me how I know....

too late...:redface:

DM: I was thinking the same thing FWIW. The price is really sweet for these thing. I wonder what would be the recommended spring rate combo for NYC streets..? 7/8 perhaps..
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

DM: I was thinking the same thing FWIW. The price is really sweet for these thing. I wonder what would be the recommended spring rate combo for NYC streets..? 7/8 perhaps..

7/7, 7/8 is fine. Went through some rough areas of Houston over the weekend that convinced me to raise a bit and soften the struts...:redface:

Guest JessterCPA

Wow!

Just back from vacation and look what teh DM did!

Nice job. Looks very nice.

Jesse

But, if you wait until there is feedback on rebuild timelines you will likely be waiting for 2 or 3 + years (depending on use / abuse). They would only need more frequent rebuilds if they were poorly designed. Long time to sit and wait.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
awesome set up DM, now clear those corners! :D

I second this!

Tint the windows too and try a front CF front lip on to square out the nose a little.

Good choice of wheels and the drop looks awesome!

Archived