LegacyGT.com

Teh DM's KSport Coilover Review

Drift Monkey

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Secret: use a long breaker that extends to the ground so nobody has to hold it (and you have almost unlimited resistance). Put a ratchet on the other end and jack it up with a jack until loose. Hammer and punch (screwdriver in my case) to get the bolt out. Rinse and repeat.

how are the coilovers treating you???

:p

The ride is still good, but I still get clunks from the front suspesion even after checking everything. Meh, I guess I'll have to live with it.

You're not hitting the bumpstops on the coilovers are you? Raise the car, loosen the camber plates, clean out any other debris, and then re-seat everything afterwards before lowering the car.

Also check for your spring preload, it's very possible that the spring can float when the car has no load. You might also want to check the shock to see if it's already "wet". Last thing you want is a leaking shock.

Keefe

You're not hitting the bumpstops on the coilovers are you? Raise the car, loosen the camber plates, clean out any other debris, and then re-seat everything afterwards before lowering the car.

Also check for your spring preload, it's very possible that the spring can float when the car has no load. You might also want to check the shock to see if it's already "wet". Last thing you want is a leaking shock.

No.

Did it already.

Did it already.

Checked. Nothing.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It's just the way it sounds, like when you are driving around and hit bumps the ksports will make clunking sounds, just a sound that is not pleasent......I never really had them at all, it all comes down to the install.....

Make more sense?

Mine never made a peep until two months after the install. I now hear the springs move around a bit. I need to check and see if they are just loose or there is dirt in the seat or something.

6kg front springs are waiting for an install day now.

Archived