LegacyGT.com

MB C63 AMG Black Series vs LGT

• Mega Users
I think your cracked. You can make a 2.5i look way more fly than that mercedes, and the 2.5i will be way better in the snow.

Lighter means it can hold way more speed in turns with a few suspension mods. 2.5i would kick its ass on a small track or autox. And of course theres the snow.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly.

Plus the 2.5i is cheaper.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I've driven an S63AMG and an S65AMG. The S63 is not worth the $150k they ask for it, and the S65 is worth far less than the $200k+ sticker. Neither are actually very good cars.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Lighter means it can hold way more speed in turns with a few suspension mods. 2.5i would kick its ass on a small track or autox. And of course theres the snow.

But the lack of downforce does create some issues.

That would be a 65, not a 63. The 63 was the N/A V8. And there was one (65 Black Series) on Ebay a few weeks ago for something like $230k.:spin:

Yea, that's the one I meant. I was playing around with it on Forza last night, sounds like a fun car to drive in real life. :)

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

I've driven an S63AMG and an S65AMG. The S63 is not worth the $150k they ask for it, and the S65 is worth far less than the $200k+ sticker. Neither are actually very good cars.

for all this f*cking money a GTR is considered a steal. add an exhaust and dyno tune and you're lookin at 11 seconds

edit: nipples slip even with a GTR

How many of the black series cars actually make it to the track? My bet is on very few.

My friend is planning on taking his to the Texas Mile. Should be fun, the claim is that it will hit the limiter before the mile is up (if it actually does have the limiter at 186mph, some of the earlier models didnt have the limiter applied)

for all this f*cking money a GTR is considered a steal. add an exhaust and dyno tune and you're lookin at 11 seconds

But we all know that a SpecB trumps the GTR, and the Black trumps a SpecB.

I would rather have a black series car than a GTR personally. I mean if he was looking for the most bang for his buck there are better choices but the car is very nice all around.

My friend is planning on taking his to the Texas Mile. Should be fun, the claim is that it will hit the limiter before the mile is up (if it actually does have the limiter at 186mph, some of the earlier models didnt have the limiter applied)

That's going to put him close to the 190 mph cutoff and the requirement for a 4 point roll bar.

I should have known to look for this review earlier once you texted me about it...

Wonder if I could talk him into letting me drive it...

My other concern is the cost of ownership, namely maintenance, since you can't exactly get the parts online.

For those of you not getting it, he's being FUNNY in comparing the LGT to the Black. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out it's by no means a level comparison. One is a car for the common middle class man, one is for the rich, or in this case a guy with odd life priorities. For the price of this car I would have done 50% down on an investment property, and plenty left over for carrying costs to see the note through bad times, which in turn would eventually pay for a long line of Blacks, not just one :) To each their own.

If we discuss anything, can it be how to build a car like it for 1/4 the price :D

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Think of how badass a 5eat could be if you threw that much cash at it! :p

Trust me, I'm halfway there and not totally impressed with it. But the beauty of it was the learning experience, so in the end not that bad.

They're almost giving away the previous gen E55!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mercedes-Benz-E-Class-E55-2005-MBZ-E55-AMG-CLEAN-TITLE-CLEAN-CAR-FAX-MAT-BLACK-FINISH-/190630554768?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2c62776c90

Especially if you are willing to take the ugly hit with the flat paint.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

My other concern is the cost of ownership, namely maintenance, since you can't exactly get the parts online.

I looked into the costs associated with the S63AMG, and it wasn't actually too bad. It was expensive, since most stuff would "have" to be done at the dealer, but it wasn't too terrible.

Reliability actually looked pretty high from what I saw.

I've been trying to avoid it, but my next car will most likely be RWD European, and thus this becomes very interesting. The big question will be whether to pull a Rao or not...

Think of how badass a 5eat could be if you threw that much cash at it! :p

Yea, or how even more badass it would be to start with a car that has more potential than a 2005-2009 lgt but costs the same or less. I really enjoyed my legacy but if I was planning on throwing 70-80k in mods at a car Subaru even the STI would be pretty far down the list.

Wait your comparing a AMG black to a legacy? Did you really think the legacy would compare at any point in your review?

:lol:

These cars aren't even in the same league.

Well both have four wheels, seating for 5 people, internal combustion engines, and are classified as passenger cars. So yes they do compare directly, even though you might have a hard time admitting that fact.

Contrary to popular belief on this site there are superior cars to the Legacy, and Subaru is far from the end all be all auto maker on the planet. In fact I would go so far as to say that except for a brief moment of product brilliance in the early 2000's they are very much a second rate auto maker.

If your point was simply to make a point, you've made a point. Per your argument a Kia sportage is also a direct comparison to the C63AMG Black. What can we gain from your point? We're all spoiled little car whores.

Well both have four wheels, seating for 5 people, internal combustion engines, and are classified as passenger cars. So yes they do compare directly, even though you might have a hard time admitting that fact.

Contrary to popular belief on this site there are superior cars to the Legacy, and Subaru is far from the end all be all auto maker on the planet. In fact I would go so far as to say that except for a brief moment of product brilliance in the early 2000's they are very much a second rate auto maker.

Actually... The Black only has seating for 2. MB decided that seating more than 2 people in a Black is an absolutely ludicrous idea since you can put frame braces back there instead. And a back seat adds unnecessary weight.

Oh yea, also forgot to mention the superior to Rota rims it has. They're only $2700 each if you curb one. Made from a solid block of aluminum each... Tasty

Good to know, although being realistic about how small and crappy the back seats are in a Legacy I still feel the comparison is valid.

Well that all depends on who's in the front seat. If it's a group of midgets, there's loads of room in the back seat. If you're an average height person, there's some room, and if you're tall, you're doing it wrong.

So was I! Sportage is a great vehicle, making horsepower AND torque with a gasoline engine. My friend has a Sportage. It has a BACK SEAT AND more trunk storage. It also gets better gas mileage! I was simply pointing out that both are automobiles and can be directly compared on objective merits/facts/data. People need to stop fantasizing about these silly expensive cars.

Archived