LegacyGT.com

Can't find any 09 Spec-B's...

took me a while as well. i live in CT, and had it narrowed down to one in Colorado, one in Washington state, and one in VA. Ended up picking the one in VA. 9 hour drive in each direction to pick her up. Worth every mile!

Autotrader, cars.com, and a craigslist search tool (tempest, etc) were part of my daily searches! There were always some for sale, but since i wanted an 09... it was tougher.

I almost had Max Capacities spec.b (before he bought it).... but the seller changed his mind towards the end of negotiations.... I reluctantly moved on... Bought mine... Then he relisted it for sale a few months later, and max cap picked it up! grrrr lol... its all good!

My son almost bought the car the first time it was listed too.

If you can wait to find one, do that, the Spec is so much more refined then my 05.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

LOVE the white. I missed a while one by a day in Texas... It would have been the cheapest too. A dealer had one, and didnt quite know how special it was. Sold in a day or two... Still kickin myself for missing that one!

Hang in there.. You will find one!

Stumbled upon mine as well. Loved the LGT when it came out when I was in college, but at

$30k+ they were out of my price range. When I looked two years ago the prices were more

attainable. Happened to look on Craigslist and found a Spec in NJ. Worked with the owner and

got a good deal on the car.

Just keep looking for the right car as it will pop up. You rather get something you want,

than regret not getting the right one for not waiting. Some owners of E30 M3s wait years

before they can find the right one. Patience.

I'm still patiently waiting for one to fall into my lap. Last year I needed a car as my trusty Chevy finally hit the bricks. All I could find was an 06 RBP LGT w/ 5EAT and tan interior (wanted a 5MT SWP or GRP with black interior at the time). I'm content with what I have until I find the *right* Spec.B ... the dealer down the road had an 07 on their lot over summer. I went and checked it out, and the interior looked like it had been sitting under a Texas sun for 20 years; cracked, dried out, and down-right ugly.

start your morning with a 30 minute review of craigslist (search tempest is great) of the entire country.... autotrader... and cars.com

i perioidcally checked carmax too...

as i said earlier, i narrowed my choice down to 3 cars. two of them, i found via the methods above. The funny part is, is the car i ended up buying was from a guy on this forum. I caught a thread that he had posted in a few months earlier, where he said he was contemplating getting another car one day. i randomly pm'd him... and he said that he was interested in selling... but never thought he would be able to get rid of it for the price he needed to get... the rest, is history. :)

point of the story - it will happen. hopefully you have a little time, and arent super rushed.

^30 minutes every day??!

There's an app for that. Plenty of 'em, at least for android, but I'm 99.9% certain that it's there for any other major phones. Set-up autosearches of all CL within XXX miles and have the phone check that often.

As soon as my spec.B went up for sale I knew I had to have it. I had a 04 WRX at the time and put it up on CraigsList and sold it in i think a week or two. I got lucky because my spec.b was local here in CT. It came modded (I normally would never buy a modded car) however mine was unique it was build by a very reputable shop and it was the shop owners daily driver. I knew the car was well taken care of and I am very happy that I got it.
I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

^30 minutes every day??!

There's an app for that. Plenty of 'em, at least for android, but I'm 99.9% certain that it's there for any other major phones. Set-up autosearches of all CL within XXX miles and have the phone check that often.

I didnt have an android or my iphone at the time... Unfortunately..

However, being somewhat of a control freak, i would have still devout some time to it.

some days it was 5-10 minutes. I would focus on making one day a week, a really thorough search. There are so many different ways to search these sites these days... However, i would even search with alternate spellings, etc. Spec.B is not always written that way.

The craigslist search was the most difficult to get through.

You can also set automated Google searches of Craigslist with emailed alerts. Start with your search using the 'site:' modifier. (i.e. 2009 specB site:craigslist.org) and there's additional options in the results to get the notices setup. May want a few variables in there to ensure you don't miss different descriptions.

A buddy of mine is thinking of selling his specB, silver with black interior. But it's here in Maine... maybe you want to travel?

It would all depend upon the price.

But really, I just sent a request to my boss to use all my vacation for a trip in June so I couldn't really make the drive. Thanks for the heads up though!

im fairly sure if your's is the Ruby Red Pearl spec. B, your car's previous owner used to post up here on the site.

Funny thing is when I was buying my snow tires right after I got it the previous owner was there. So I got to talk to him and get the history of the car.

Archived