LegacyGT.com

Bad Idea Gone Wrong

what im saying is it takes longer to split your block and install items than it does to just bolt in a new sti block

That is true but all the work being done to the block including labor is still cheaper than getting a new short. i think its gonna be about 1500-1800 for the short block work when getting a new one costs about 2000. so i end up saving acoulpe bucks and getting a better set up in the end. i think that sounds good. right? plus the block is already split he needed to to figure out what my damage was.

max, he said he will only replace the rod that was damaged because all the other ones are in perfect condition. and yes my heads are going to be machined and washed to make them like new again.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope OP reads the stickies on forged pistons before he pulls the trigger.

Fixed. ;)

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Fixed. ;)

thanks for doing that for me. Yes I read through basically the whole thread and called my mechanic to just get me the ej257 short block! I'm getting it for 1500 because he is keeping my good short block!

thanks!

-tony :)

thanks for doing that for me. Yes i read through basically the whole thread and called my mechanic to just get me the ej257 short block! I'm getting it for 1500 because he is keeping my good short block!

Thanks!

-tony :)

good deal.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 3 months later...

Glad all this has worked out for you. Luckily it wasn't worse.

Man I don't know what I'd do if anything remotely close to this happened to me again. I do not have the money to shell out for repairs like this.

A lot of us seem to be having issues like this, or maybe it's just the bad that stick out.

I've been babying the crap out of mine recently and enjoying the high gas mileage. After already blowing a ringland I sometimes feel like it's made of glass.

Just keeping up with that maintenence and hoping for the best. What else can ya do?

Archived