LegacyGT.com

LGT NYC Meet March 4

DRsnoopy

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've had meets at Caesars Bay before, but we def. can't BBQ there. Id say maybe Bear Mountain as its equidistant from Qns/LI, NJ, and Upstate. Lastly, maybe Hempstead Lake State Park in RVC/Hempstead border.

There are plenty of places we can go to chill, I think the focus should be on scenery for pictures and then food. So either a park with some grills or no open flame laws, or an area that has nice scenery with some restaurants in the general area.

Either way last weekend in May works for me. This is 2 weeks after the Trensettaz Lincoln Tech show and 1 week after Tach Dyno Day. May is gonna be a crazy month! FYI i think the park in NJ off the GWB is Liberty?

Westchester yes....NJ and $15 toll, no...

Westchester's fine. As long as the Jersey people don't have to drive through the city...

We've had meets at Caesars Bay before, but we def. can't BBQ there. Id say maybe Bear Mountain as its equidistant from Qns/LI, NJ, and Upstate. Lastly, maybe Hempstead Lake State Park in RVC/Hempstead border.

There are plenty of places we can go to chill, I think the focus should be on scenery for pictures and then food. So either a park with some grills or no open flame laws, or an area that has nice scenery with some restaurants in the general area.

Either way last weekend in May works for me. This is 2 weeks after the Trensettaz Lincoln Tech show and 1 week after Tach Dyno Day. May is gonna be a crazy month! FYI i think the park in NJ off the GWB is Liberty?

Like I said above, as long as we don't have to drive through the city, anywhere's fine :lol: And I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it's called Palisades Interstate Park: http://g.co/maps/gf2er

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

Westchester's fine. As long as the Jersey people don't have to drive through the city... Like I said above, as long as we don't have to drive through the city, anywhere's fine :lol: And I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it's called Palisades Interstate Park: http://g.co/maps/gf2er
Thats a good spot, or if you scroll up a bit North along Henry Hudson Drive, you'll run into another parking area with a boat dock. The shack there has the BEST cuban sandwich I've ever had north of Miami.

I like the ideas of Glenn Island and Bear Mountain / Harriman State Park too. Big parking lot there (Anthony Wayne Recreation Area, Orange NY) with BBQ setups near the woods.

Another great spot for what we want is the Croton Gorge Park near Croton-on-Hudson, NY on the other side of the river.

Thats a good spot, or if you scroll up a bit North along Henry Hudson Drive, you'll run into another parking area with a boat dock. The shack there has the BEST cuban sandwich I've ever had north of Miami.

I like the ideas of Glenn Island and Bear Mountain / Harriman State Park too. Big parking lot there (Anthony Wayne Recreation Area, Orange NY) with BBQ setups near the woods.

Another great spot for what we want is the Croton Gorge Park near Croton-on-Hudson, NY on the other side of the river.

Just realized your in LIC, i work on 21st and Jackson.

Side note, you guys should come to the auto show that my car club is throwing next saturday the 12th. It should be a sick turnout, last year we had quite a few subies and an STi hatch took 2nd place in the import category last year. Its at Lincoln Tech in Queens

http://tsautoclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/2012-MothersDayShow-Flyer.jpg

Just realized your in LIC, i work on 21st and Jackson. Side note, you guys should come to the auto show that my car club is throwing next saturday the 12th. It should be a sick turnout, last year we had quite a few subies and an STi hatch took 2nd place in the import category last year. Its at Lincoln Tech in Queens

Thx stocklgt. I saw your post about it - looks cool. Should be able to make it too. I'm off of Center Blvd, near the Vernon/Jackson 7-line stop.

• 2 months later...

Archived