LegacyGT.com

we need a fitness thread in here

c-lo

any reason we can't havea fitness thread stickyed in here?
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Dont you think a single thread blanketing "fitness" would become so clustered to the point of confusion?

A fitness subforum, like the food forum, maybe. A single thread? Clusterfuck.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Dont you think a single thread blanketing "fitness" would become so clustered to the point of confusion?

A fitness subforum, like the food forum, maybe. A single thread? Clusterfuck.

right...that's what I meant. agreed....

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

you have to think? I mean... you have a food and drink sub forum!

Indeed. I am definately interested in a fitness subforum. Between the doctors, fitness fanatics and actual trainers here it would be both a wonderful source of information but a place for us LGT guys who want to get fit together to get organized. Im way more interested in working out without someone who wants to talk cars than someone who wants to talk about the workout we are currently doing :lol:

Count me in.

EDIT: C-lo, consider PM AKLGT and see if she will change the thread topic to "Do We Need A Fitness Subforum??" and add a yes/no/maybeso vote at the top if you want. Just a thought.

do eeeeet!!!! common Tide

Started yesterday..... 20 min weight loss program on our elliptical machine. It was tough for the first 15 mins, but then I felt a second wind.... I think I'll go with 30 mins a day starting today.

What else can I do that won't take too much time in the morning? Push ups, sit ups? How many should I start with to ease into it?

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

In addition to your machine I'd add in a circuit of jumping jacks, push ups, body weight squats, crunches to start.

there are a multitude of exercises you can do without weights. but that's a good starting point. Keep it simple

yep...depending of course on how out of shape you are in. you can make home made sand bags too using heavy gauge trash bags. I got 50lb bag of play sand and made a couple weighing different amounts.

yep...depending of course on how out of shape you are in. you can make home made sand bags too using heavy gauge trash bags. I got 50lb bag of play sand and made a couple weighing different amounts.

great idea! never even thought of this!

and speaking of easing back in... had to call in sick today because I'm so damn sore. 3 mos off and I went too hard too fast. 2-3 work outs per day since Saturday. My shins are killing me! I think I need a running coach because I know my technique is completely crap! Also, 2 sessions of snowshoeing in blizzard and white out conditions including getting lost for about an hour last night in 3-6 ft of snow. LOL. The upside is my ENTIRE body is sore, so I know I got a full body work out the past 3 days! :lol:

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

check out: http://www.jeffgalloway.com/ for training.

running injuries are no joke. make sure you stretch, use foam rollers, tennis balls, soft balls, etc.... to roll out on before/after your workouts.

check out: http://www.jeffgalloway.com/ for training.

running injuries are no joke. make sure you stretch, use foam rollers, tennis balls, soft balls, etc.... to roll out on before/after your workouts.

I have a foam roller for my IT Band. As for other balls, I usually use my college balls after the work out. ;) Possibly for a second or third.... :dm:

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Archived