LegacyGT.com

Boost controller, gauge, and pod

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BMX hes gunna

http://www.menshealth.co.uk/cm/menshealthuk/images/q1/glassjaw-skull-medium_new.jpg

and youre gunna

http://ladiesdotdotdot.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/dawson-crying.jpg

Then some other guy is going to

05-subaru-legacy-key.jpg

his

http://looksmatter.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/long_face_bro_tears.jpg

jvit, i'm new to these cars too, i've had mine for about 2months. I feel its rather ignorant of you post questions without doing any research beforehand. Do you honestly feel that these guys log on every day to service the needs of noobs? I sure don't. When I got my car one of the first things I did was looked up vendors, took a look to see what was out there for mods, that gave a real good idea of what can be done with this car. If you dont see people selling high performance hybrid batteries for your LGT, you probably shouldn't be asking questions about what hybrid batteries to get. And if you're really curious about it, SEARCH. There are plenty of guys on here who have been driving, modding, and repairing their cars since day one-A SOLID SEVEN (7) YEARS. As a fellow noob, your ignorance insults me. If you want some respect from them, show a little respect first and do a damned search. Like in all other avenues in life respect is earned, not entitled.

Noob on noob rage. luv it. But good points sir!

thanks man. if our UFC champion OP hadn't taken so many punches to the head this thread probably wouldnt exist. Perhaps one day I'll have a jaw as glassy as yours. :lol: In all honesty tho, I don't really see any valid excuse for this guy.. dude's giving us noobs a bad name. and noob or not, there's no reason for the lack of respect. as for the noob on noob rage, I'll rage on all day/all night. :D

Hilarious!!! :lol:

But I disagree, there is absolutely a place for a MBC in today's cars IF you know what you're doing. I need to rescale my intake, and really tune everything. Hitting 5 different boost levels in 5 pulls back-to-back, logged without stopping and changing maps, affords me a ton of useful data to chew on for the subsequent revision. No dicking around with WGDC tables just to do what turning a knob could do. And I'm SICK of hearing the argument that with MBC you lose the ECUs ability to pull boost when IAM drops to what, .2? .4? Whatever it's set to trigger at. BY THEN YOU'RE ALREADY SO SCREWED YOU HAD IT COMING. Who doesn't glance at IAM before doing a pull... MBC is rock solid boost control as well, so again less time stabilizing boost, more time tuning. When you have then figured out (much quicker) where you want boost to be, you THEN tune boost with EBCS and call it done for the next year or so until you upgrade again. Then you don't have anymore PTFB annoyances anymore (part throttle full boost).

How come no one encouraged the OP to run a MBC with stock load scaling? Would have been a great learning experience for him, since he clearly does not want to be talked down to and told what to do. Everyone learns a different way, it's the journey that counts ;)

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I am looking to install a manual boost controller for my car, with a boost gauge and pod in the middle console above the stereo, or on the A pillar, I am not looking to spend more than 200$ on the three parts(IF POSSIBLE), does anyone have suggestions for me please!

Cobb has already done all the work for you.

Buy a downpipe, buy an AccessPort and a boost gauge and you'll be happy.

Cobb has already done all the work for you.

Buy a downpipe, buy an AccessPort and a boost gauge and you'll be happy.

$800 later... and that would require knowing how an engine works...

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

you have got to be kidding me, i did do research, i wanted to ask some people who have been there and done that, who cares if your insulted, this is a website, its not like im spitting in your face and saying absolute craziness. my friend who is a mechanic mentioned something about manual boost controllers, i looked up on all different websites and i said maybe i should just post something and see what people would say. lol. i never thought this is what would come of it, now that i know about the seriousness of all the amazing car tuners we have here i will ask no questions, sorry if i offended and if i did you need to get a life. i admitted to not knowing much about the questions i asked. dont see why it is such a big deal, if it bothers you go onto another forum topic and fondle yourself

i jumped on the site and asked the question way too quickly, everyone settle down and keep it in your pants, it will be ok, my noobiness will learn not to ask a question before searching it. just thought i could save myself some time and ask it considering i work full time and dont sit in front of a computer all day

OP, what everyone is trying to say is that your best point of information via forums is always to search, and only post a question if a satisfactory answer to your question can not be found. :) Google with the filter: "site:legacygt.com" and any relevant terms (MBC, boost, etc) and you will see endless amounts of information you can absorb in order to be properly educated on the topic(s). It does take some time, but that is because these are complicated topics with a LOT of things that need to be explained before the final answer to your question (already given in this thread) will even make sense. Analogy: to learn calculus, you first need to understand algebra, etc.

The other thing is if you buy into the sarcasm (come on it's funny) and take it personally, then you open the flood gates for people to turn your thread into a circus. It is what it is, you're not going to change it.

I disagree. You could potentially install a DP, Boost Gauge and setup a map using the AP without knowing how an engine works... :rolleyes:

:lol: touche

No u do what u gotta do sir, but in being very uneducated when it comes to tuning my car and all the wisecracks I got some laughs and a lot of information that I didn't know before, hence my research on exhaust systems and than some

from what some of my friends have been doing is- running a primary EBCS then running mbc piggybacked for quicker spool. of course they got retuned for this mod as they were knocking 5* of timing when i logged them doing pulls :lol: they love the piggyback mod, much quicker response, so it's like hybrid EBCS/MBC best of both worlds.

When I was a noob I thought the Accessport route was better, but when you get into it you realize what you really need. I have tons of old laptops, and the 05-06 can use the cheap 10 dollar vagcom cable. So for 600 dollars, I either get an accessport OR a downpipe $300, an uppipe $100, and an etune for 150 bucks. So for the same price I can already be at stage 2 with better and more customized maps. But first you need to do your homework!! How many miles are on that engine, have you tested its compression, have you checked the turbo, timing belt, water pump? Judging from your previous posts and questions, I assume you havent done shit in terms of maintanence. Jumping into tuning and boosting without a proper foundation is the fundamental formula for fk'n up. How long have you owned your lgt, if your new to the family, then you will learn real quick, this isnt a civic or your average ricer. You really need to understand the car or its going to cost you big bucks in the end.

I dont know what you have been searching for on forums, but the basic layouts for stage 1 , 2 and 3 can be found everywhere, even on cobbs accessport website. You will find what you want and what you need will be two completely different things. Your also being way to vague. What is your goal? Start with that! How much HP and TRQ are you looking to make at what price. You asked for some gauges thats understandable, but when you paired it with a manual boost controller, you were immediatly red flagged by troll patrol. ClimberD's posts are probably way over your head and high level stuff, so I would learn a thing or two before contemplating an ebcs an mbc. I am a firm believer in babysteps! Maintanence>Tires>Suspension and brakes>Engine Mods, thats how I based my build up. The worst kind of power is sloppy and uncontrollable power. You cant take things personal, and the fact taht you did means you didnt read nearly enough, I was on this forum for hours a day doing my homework, and I learned just from reading posts how people would react to simple questions. If your still going to post a simple question than u better expect crickets or some trolling. Its a right of passage. Everything I just wrote has been said in some post on this forum. You dont want to go picking fights with people who were actually helpful!! Bmx's 1-5 list was actually right, and the fact that you took it as him insulting you shows you have a looooooong way to go!

1. remove banjo bolt filter- search the forum because i know you'll ask

2. get a catless uppipe to replace your stock catted pipe

3. downpipe

4. tune (or accessport)

5. panties drop

Makes a lot of sense to me..... a lot more useful than a boost guage on a stock setup. If you want your car to be a beast your first going to have to establish what level of beastlyness ur aiming for. Your beastly lion will be a little kitty cat to another. 300whp? 350whp? You need to set goals and start there. Some people think the car is a beast out of the dealership. If you want to play in the street with the big dogs, you gotta get off the porch with puppies! Not doing your homework = puppy shit!

Archived