LegacyGT.com

Boost controller, gauge, and pod

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yes. stage 1 tunes (for a stock car) go to 15psi, stage 2 is 18-19psi, stage 3 18-19+. Like i said before, the stock electric 2 port bcs is plenty capable. I do not know why you are so curious about boost controllers when it's pretty much the last thing you'll need to do in terms of performance on a turbo subaru. you need to read more and educate yourself. an aftermarket downpipe and an accessport or open source tune will get you good gains (40-50whp and wtq) for stage 2. that's what you should focusing on, forget the BCS bullshit.

any that are available cheap or name brand, one is not all that different from the other. check your up pipe and make sure you go catless so it doesnt break apart and blow your turbo.

to answer your original question about guages check out VEI Systems. i think they are under 100 bucks, digital readings and seem to be high quality. I have one and love it more than my Defi. They have dual display guages (AFR/Boost) and signle display ones. And the red is a perfect match to the interior.

Sunpro makes a sick mechanical guage lol

http://www.infamousperformance.net/servlet/the-291/CNT-Performance-Subaru-Legacy/Detail

is a popular one, good price, good product.

But I would suggest reading up on the lgt some more, what year is your car.

You will need to retune the ecu everytime you add a part or u wont notice a change.

You would be better off planning out what your going to do ahead of time, rather than just aimlessly buying parts you may not need. normally u go downpipe, and uppipe if you have a catted one first with a stage 2 tune, after that you go fuel injectors, fmic, fuel pump, turbo, ebc(for 19+ boost) for stage 3. Tuning the the car is a major part of moding your car, and you need to have an accessport($500) or a laptop and vagcom or tactrix cable. Thats the first thing you should worry about, especially if your on a budget. You can put whatever you want on the car but it doesnt matter if the ecu doesnt accomodate them.

tehnation is the only one keep it real, i didnt come on this site to joke around, i want to know how to make my car into a beast and i want to do it right, so start with the accessport so when i do add to the car, the ecu will read that?

BMX, i would proabaly care what youre saying but i feel bad for you cause you that much of a loser that you make fun of questions that people like myself have when they are new to this site, if i saw u in person i would probably crack your glass jaw

BMX, i would proabaly care what youre saying but i feel bad for you cause you that much of a loser that you make fun of questions that people like myself have when they are new to this site, if i saw u in person i would probably crack your glass jaw

You might want to buy a thicker skin before buying car parts. You are simply getting absurd answers to your absurd questions, is all. You might want to do some more research (search function) before posting questions that have been covered many many times. There is alot of information out there. I would suggest Nasioc.com for the "quantity" of information.

First we're putting STi up-pipes on a 2.5i, and now we're dialing in boost on a boost gauge?! WTF over?!

BMX may be a little abrasive but he's got good info! Personally I can't believe the search Nazi hasn't jumped all up in your shit yet. I don't mean to be a dick but don't get your mod ideas from The Fast and the Furious, check out other members build threads and see what mods were done and in what order. Or just call up your local tuner and pick their brain for a bit. Ask them what are some good mods to start with and let them know what your end goal for the car is. Spend some time reading the stickies at the top and just cruise through threads, even if it's not necessarily something you need to know. You'd be surprised what you can learn and how much information is on the forum. Good luck man and keep the soap away from the intercooler!

what did u mean when you said. it felt like i was driving a civic? did u mean the car felt like it was more dependable and it was getting better mpg's?

This is better than Fb.

Take this from another new guy, these guys are incredibly helpful and shouldn't be discounted because of their love of trolling. In my experience they just get tired of bogus claims and poorly researched questions.

As for the glass jaw comment, in my personal experience , those who escalate meaningless trolling to baseless threats, wash their faces with Windex. This is an learning community, not one for your ignorance. If you are really itching to act tough, you are welcome to meet me at the Renzo Gracie academy in Pittsburgh and we can set up a spar. that's not a threat, it's a friendly invitation.

This is "a" learning experience, not "an learning experience". I understand they are helpful with useful advice, but there is no need to waste my time or anyone elses with bullshit comments, so what, I asked a dumb question, who cares it's a forum, I didn't know I had to format a question properly and obviously I don't know much and that's why I asked the question in a forum meant for questions from people like myself trying to learn. I won't be asking anymore questions from here on out cause out of 30+ answers there was about 4 or 5 that will help

And the glass jaw comment wasn't that serious, this is a forum, it's basically saying, ok I get it, it was stupid for someone with less knowledge of cars to post a question on a forum for help. God forbid I try to pick brains, what was I thinking lol

Archived