LegacyGT.com

baller ball bearing billet turbo

baller-industries

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr. Baller himself makes it?

Well they are made for him so naturally he is the one who makes them.

I want to know who makes the bearings for them in Germany and where they are sent in Japan to be mated with the machined housings and assembled before they are sent to you Baller.

What we want is specific manufacturers. Unfortunately in markets such as this the name's of the brand of the manufacturer play a huge role in the credibility of any part, new, old, used, or whatever. Certain manufacturers are known for certain levels of quality. Because of this many tend to buy some products over other because of who made them regardless of whether or not the one that is an unknown brand is better or not. It essentially provides a sense of security for the buyer.

This turbo is a billet ball bearing 20g turbo with our new billet 11 blade extended tip wheel. These are made for me in japan by a large OE manufacture to our specifications. The turbo has specially made ceramic ball bearings from Germany which are sent to Japan where we have the turbo machined to accept the bearing pack. The custom billet 11 blade front wheel uses extended tip technology for better air flow and spool. What is very different than most of the other 20G turbos is that we manufacture our own billet wheels, we are not buying a billet version of the stock 20g wheel. We are using a new wheel designs so that spool and air flow are better than most traditional setups. This turbo should out run almost any 20g you can find.

Wow that sounds awesome! Who is building these turbos for you? Also, who is going to do the dyno testing and tuning?

Billet 53/72 ett comp wheel and 49/53 inc turbine wheel...

I am not making any one to buy it so dont buy it. It is a great turbo when i get some real dyno numbers and more testing it will prove its self. If no one here buys it i do loose out but life will go on. It is not vapor ware and i am not trying to scam any one here. Sorry my name bothers people, i will have to change that because it will be impossible to do business with this much name hate mail.

It's not your name that's bothering people, it's the fact that you're avoiding an important question that potential customers have.

I get the impression he is not allowed to say who makes them due to conflict of interest for the supplier. For instance, your Kroger ketchup [insert your local food retailer here] will say Kroger makes it... but the same plant that runs and fills the name-brand ketchup also fills the off-brand.

Perhaps not the correct analogy, but you get my point.

Who makes the new all of our aftermarket fuel pumps?

AVO and Deatchwerks do not own fuel pump factories ....

Give this thread / product some time - let's wait for dyno numbers and some mileage reports to see what this turbo does. Obviously the vendor has the right connections and had a turbo made to his specifications, for himself. If it all goes well, perhaps he can sell some.. I think he has made that clear this is his turbo and he will be getting us more information once he has a chance to test it out.

I get the impression he is not allowed to say who makes them due to conflict of interest for the supplier.[...]

TL;DR, but this part's just fine. Just come out and say it if there's a conflict of interest. Hell, honestly that's a good thing in my mind - it means it's being made by/for already reputable vendor(s).

TL;DR, but this part's just fine. Just come out and say it if there's a conflict of interest. Hell, honestly that's a good thing in my mind - it means it's being made by/for already reputable vendor(s).

That doesn't cut it for me. I'd like to see vendors stand behind their products with some kind of warranty. Even the highest quality cars come with a warranty for peace of mind.

Well, how 'bout this - it's better than dodging every question, isn't it?

No.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Personally, I think if you were to find a local and trusted member of this forum to test this turbo out on, credibility would be less in question. On the other hand, logs and data are easy to modify and with the inquiries here, it's only inevitable that accusations such as these will arise. Just saying.

I wouldn't touch this guy's "products" with a 10ft downpipe.

He has repeatedly dodged questions about the source and manufacture of his parts, has seemingly NO history or reputation, AND when I asked about what other cars he has experience with, I was met with a not surprising response of radio silence.

*This is only my personal opinion, and in no way should impact your decision whether or not to part with your hard-earned money in exchange for questionable parts from a questionable vendor.

Archived