LegacyGT.com

Are we part of the club?

Can I admit defeat? Usually where I live I only see outbacks or foresters and no one really pays much attention to performance. I am in columbus tonight staying at my sister's and in Dublin (for those not from a round here it's a little more uppity suburb of columbus) at my dad's (not bragging, there are less than uppity sections of Dublin) and I stopped at a light to get onto 270. I'm guessing the guy works at the Subie dealerdown the street. He pulls up in his silver lowered impreza with black rims. Looks pretty stock as far as tuner cars go. He's looking back at my car and I was checking his out. I thought about this thread. It was kind of cool to have someone else appreciate a car that I love driving. I didn't wave but, I understand.

Then getting closer to my sister's condo I hit a patch of ice on a bridge and the car started spinning. I thought I was going into the wall. I spun back and forth probably 5 times before stopping a couple feet facing the wall. I thought about this thread. If I had wrecked I would hope someone would stop to help if it was serious. Some folks might remember a finger and throw it up in return. I apologize for being a dick. I still don't know about the wave deal but if waved to I won't be such an assclown anymore.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too live in So Cal, Legacy GT wagon and I will say that whenever someone wants to race, only fellow Subys will give me the thumbs up when when we meet back at the light. My favorite person to see again at the next light pulling up behind me? Corvettes. My Wagon is usually a little dirty and nothing feels better than making eye contact with the Jock after he got smoked by a station wagon.

I make eye contact with every Subaru driver I see, even the grandma in her LL Bean outback. It brings a smile to everyone's face

i wave to subies with a hood scoop, or have some sort of mod. THere's so many around here though!

Yes, have hood scoop must wave. Mostly WRX in my area, a few LGTs, never a 5th Gen. "Best" acknowledgment is with the 07 and below WRX that have moded their car. For the most part, the turbo OB and FOZ are clueless in my area.

I too live in So Cal, Legacy GT wagon and I will say that whenever someone wants to race, only fellow Subys will give me the thumbs up when when we meet back at the light. My favorite person to see again at the next light pulling up behind me? Corvettes. My Wagon is usually a little dirty and nothing feels better than making eye contact with the Jock after he got smoked by a station wagon.

I make eye contact with every Subaru driver I see, even the grandma in her LL Bean outback. It brings a smile to everyone's face

I love it when they really try to cut you off but fail. The best stuff happens when merging onto freeways and they are trying so hard to get past you...

I find that most of my failed attackers are the bmw and merc crowd, thinking they bought something they didn't.

As for waving, generally if i see a modded car that's done well, the driver gets a nod.

If I receive the finger while driving I will wave and smile because it makes an angry person more angry to know they have failed to bring down your mood.

I too live in So Cal, Legacy GT wagon and I will say that whenever someone wants to race, only fellow Subys will give me the thumbs up when when we meet back at the light. My favorite person to see again at the next light pulling up behind me? Corvettes. My Wagon is usually a little dirty and nothing feels better than making eye contact with the Jock after he got smoked by a station wagon. //
Putting aside how utterly stupid street racing is, if you are in front of any Corvette, it's because the guy choked on his cell phone.

Ignoring the more-powerful Grand Sport, Z06 and ZR1 models, a base 2006 Corvette tested by C&D did 0 to 60 in 4.3 seconds and the quarter in 12.8 at 113 mph. Most of the newer models are faster than that one.

Subaru not found.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

• Moderators
i gave my girlfriend my legacy wagon and where ever she goes some one in another subaru parks next to hers shes like wtf ?

It's a well known fact that Subarus are natural herd animals. Safety in numbers and all that...

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Putting aside how utterly stupid street racing is, if you are in front of any Corvette, it's because the guy choked on his cell phone.

Ignoring the more-powerful Grand Sport, Z06 and ZR1 models, a base 2006 Corvette tested by C&D did 0 to 60 in 4.3 seconds and the quarter in 12.8 at 113 mph. Most of the newer models are faster than that one.

Subaru not found.

300 whp, 340 ft lbs, my 0-60 time is not too bad either

Edit:

To be clear though. No I am not talking ZR1 and I am not talking about a street race per say. This was simply a red light open road, into third gear to brake. I was in front but not by much. I assure you no one was on their cell phone and I shifted smoother than he did, I have a short shifter so that helps.

Off shore, not actually mine. Its in the family. Us army colonel, Good guy, he's actually at the war college now to become a brigadier general, and his father is a lieutenant colonel. I just go along for the ride haha

Yes, have hood scoop must wave. Mostly WRX in my area, a few LGTs, never a 5th Gen. "Best" acknowledgment is with the 07 and below WRX that have moded their car. For the most part, the turbo OB and FOZ are clueless in my area.
Oh, so you wave to 95-99 Outbacks?:lol:

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I exchange waves with nasioc drivers all the time. I stopped by their southern RI meet a few times when I use to work in Wakefield. I love waving at any Subaru driver with a hood scoop because when they wave back it makes me feel happy....

I am the President of Club of One.

But seriously, nasioc (wrx/sti) crowd is mostly unaware what an LGT is, let alone LGT Wagon.

Archived