LegacyGT.com

Are we part of the club?

Every time I see those douche bags do it I can't help but think, "Oh, excellent choice in vehicle. We should hang out."

That's exactly what the wave is about though. I enjoy the tuned Subaru community, so when I see someone with a tuned Subaru, I do want to meet them and ask what mods they have or plans they have for mods. I enjoy going to the various meets that we have locally and talking shop with the guys.

I just had to replace my hood due to an unforunate garage door incident, and one of the local Subie guys works at a body shop and got me a new OEM hood painted and installed for less than my deductible. It would have been a $1300 insurance job. We also help with installs saving tons of money vs. paying a shop to do it at $60+ and hour.

I would consider a lot of the local Subie guys friends. We keep up with each others' families, jobs, etc. And it all started because we met at a Subaru meet because we drive the same kind of car. So I guess I'm a douche bag for waving at them.

It's cool; I'm with the band

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Mega Users
That's exactly what the wave is about though. I enjoy the tuned Subaru community, so when I see someone with a tuned Subaru, I do want to meet them and ask what mods they have or plans they have for mods. I enjoy going to the various meets that we have locally and talking shop with the guys.

I just had to replace my hood due to an unforunate garage door incident, and one of the local Subie guys works at a body shop and got me a new OEM hood painted and installed for less than my deductible. It would have been a $1300 insurance job. We also help with installs saving tons of money vs. paying a shop to do it at $60+ and hour.

I would consider a lot of the local Subie guys friends. We keep up with each others' families, jobs, etc. And it all started because we met at a Subaru meet because we drive the same kind of car. So I guess I'm a douche bag for waving at them.

^ yea and anyone if the montreal area i could flash to stage 1 for free

its for the greater good.

you guys wave and do things for the greater good?

Douches.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

yeah i try to hang out with the local turbo-roos but most are punks that don't realize my car is significantly faster then their stage 2 wrxs/ stis....

DUDES it looks stockish under my hood thanks to BNR & my careful installation practices and parts choices... but i'm rolling a 20g in here vs your 36lb/hr or less turbos.

I'm debadged myself and there are few LGT's (at least modded one's) down here in South Fla. I occasionally get an STI or WRX that recognizes my LGt wagon and checks it out from different angles . I wave to them with my middle finger or all of them depending on my mood.

Waiving at somebody driving the opposite direction on a 2 lane highway and never seeing them again is doing what for the greater good? I'm down with the meets and crap but I'm not down with being a douche bag.

Something tells me you have previous experience being a douche. If it makes you feel tougher, flip.people off from the safety of your car. Noone cares dude.

I don't get too much love from other scoobs since I bought my 05 OBXT. I got more attention in the 95 Outback. WTF?

Nobody waves to Lesbians;):lol:;)

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

i gave my girlfriend my legacy wagon and where ever she goes some one in another subaru parks next to hers shes like wtf ?

My husband and I have always done this...Subaru Love man! When he is driving his Mustang Bullitt he would seek others out, but there's only one other in our entire area...

Something tells me you have previous experience being a douche. If it makes you feel tougher, flip.people off from the safety of your car. Noone cares dude.

I have no problem flipping you off in person, cool. Sounds like your the type of person who likes to throw his excess weight around at the end of the month because he has a badge.

Congratulations, you can still act tough, even behind a keyboard. I wish I could be tough from the safety of my car AND the safety of my keyboard. You're proving no point here, except that you like to troll.

Also, if you think I haven't heard every police joke, you really are "The Village Idiot." Going to have to try a bit harder. But, I'd rather not fill up the forums with a meaningless e-gangsters comebacks so you can go ahead and just PM your best jokes. I'll allow it.

you guys wave and do things for the greater good?

Douches.

And flaming on forums in threads you really have no interest in somehow makes you superior by contrast?

Douche.

I wave at damn near any Subie I can see - there are not very many here in AZ, but 80% of the drivers around here are all old as dirt. Of the remaining 20%, I get maybe 1/100 return wave.

Funny though - when my wife drove my 08 STi occasionally she said she had damn near everyone waving at her & I was always jealous. Damnit - it's my car! WTF!?

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

Pretty sure he was joking, sir.

Could be - I didn't invest much thought in the complexity of his potential subterfuge. Poo on me.

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

Funny though - when my wife drove my 08 STi occasionally she said she had damn near everyone waving at her & I was always jealous. Damnit - it's my car! WTF!?

Well would you wave to an attractive female in STi or unamuzed dude in STi ? This can be the reason :lol:

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Archived