LegacyGT.com

SICK of MPG complainers ???

Are you sick of LGT owners complaining about GAS mileage?  

313 members have voted

1. 1. Are you sick of LGT owners complaining about GAS mileage?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care

73h sR7-4 15 f4573r, |\/|0r3 3c30|\||\/|1c41 4|\|D c|-|34p3r

Oh N0es!!! F|/\|D 15 73h 5u(K!!1!! SRT-4 is Teh slow4R!! S-ARR-T<LEGGT

:lol::lol::lol:

Here's what amazes me. I get 19-21 MPG in my WRX. My wife's Cobb Stg. 1 Leg GT gets about 21-23. Her car is larger, faster, has more horsepower, half a liter more displacement, and I believe a bigger turbo. What the hell?

Never start modding, kids. It's too late for me, save yourselves!

Hooray for 07+ AccessPORT!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh N0es!!! F|/\|D 15 73h 5u(K!!1!! SRT-4 is Teh slow4R!! S-ARR-T<LEGGT

:lol::lol::lol:

Here's what amazes me. I get 19-21 MPG in my WRX. My wife's Cobb Stg. 1 Leg GT gets about 21-23. Her car is larger, faster, has more horsepower, half a liter more displacement, and I believe a bigger turbo. What the hell?

As I said before, Subarus are very rich stock and the Cobb maps tone down the richness so you get better mileage.

I keed I keeed

It doesn't make sense to compare N/A engine mileage to Forced Induction mileage.

Forced induction engines need to run richer and on higher octane to avoid detonation/knock because of higher compression compared to N/A lower compression.

You're probably right, but the Outback Sedan 3.0 gets about the same MPG numbers as the Legacy GT, which is less than the BMW. Of course, the H6 also has a larger displacement, so you could quibble there. I still think Subaru has room to grow in this area.

(To be fair, AWD also results in some power loss, too.)

Yes I know that EVERYONE loves to voice their ideas about what is good and what is bad when it comes to kilometres travelled but ........ PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep yr negative and swearing to yrself PLEASE as it affends other users...

Thank you.

BTW my MY01 2.5 gives great milage, getting in traffic almost 600Km per tank, no bad I say.

Ada///M.

Hell, I bought this car because of the gas mileage. I went from a 400+ hp Z28 taht was getting about 12-14 mpg to this. So yeah, it is a step in the right direction. I was thinking "WOW! I can get a car that is still pretty quick but get 8-10 mpg more! Cool deal."

Kyle

Agreed, I don't really care about people whining about MPG. People whine about everything. I am coming from an F-150 that got about 13 mpg, so getting double that (26.4) on the freeway with my new Legacy is just awesome. The fact that it is a wagon, has AWD, a turbo, and mid-14 second quarter mile performance is just icing on the cake.

Martyr

Maybe I'm driving like a grandpa but I get about 29 mpg driving from Boulder, CO to Highlands Ranch, CO and back every day. It's 40 miles each way with lots of hills and traffic. I really don't get on the turbo too much but do punch it to maintain speed up really steep hills. Acceptable MPG is possible in this car...you just have to lose a few pounds in your right foot. :D I do get closer to 23 mpg when driving around town for extended periods.

Chris

WOW - 29MPG. I thought something happened to mine when I started to get 25.5 MPG. Strange thing is that before oil change I was getting 23.5 - 24.2 at the most. What gives? Same route to work everyday. I have just a tad over 16K.

Sergej

The whole reason i bought an LGT was that it was the best bang for the buck and the most reasonable mpg/performance trade off. I was cross shopping several cars and the one I came closest to buying was a CPO BMW 540i but its abysmal MPG made me think twice. I know that babying it through the gears and doing my best to stay out of spinning up the turbo too much i can really conserve fuel if or should i say when gas prices go back up. Versus a 32v v8 which is just flat out thirsty.
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

I am super surprised that people are getting such good gas mileage. Given I am an automatic and my car is brand new (only 750 miles) the very best I can manage to get on an average gas tank is 22.2mpg and that is mostly all Highway and never hitting the gas much since I am breaking in.

Can I expect my MPG go up a little once she is broken in more and I ge my first oil change?

I am super surprised that people are getting such good gas mileage. Given I am an automatic and my car is brand new (only 750 miles) the very best I can manage to get on an average gas tank is 22.2mpg and that is mostly all Highway and never hitting the gas much since I am breaking in.

Can I expect my MPG go up a little once she is broken in more and I ge my first oil change?

Yes, I hit 27-28mpg on the trip computer on a roadtrip using light gas but mostly cruise.

5EATer :)

I keed I keeed

I've been on two 750 mile trips and a 300 mile trip in the Legacy and have only managed to get a best of 25.5 mpg...from the shorter trip. The two longer trips I was in the 24s.

I don't mind the mileage...I knew what to expect. Afterall it is AWD and Turbo....but I still think they could do a little better.

The My I-6 M3 (which has 83 more HP) routinely gets 26-28 mpg on the highway and a 400HP Z06 will get 28-29mpg thanks to a tall 6th gear.

I have a buddy who is currently driving from Pittsburgh to Dallas to pick up a 325i Speed World Challenge racecar he just bought...he's in his V10 Ford Excursion with a trailer...and I think he said he gets no more than 6-8 mpg on the highway. Imagine what that's going to cost him:lol:

Just got back from a business trip with mostly highway driving. Tried to use the cruise control as much as possible but it was tough in quite a few places. Usually set it for 75.

Trip Down (including about 100 miles of 50/50 hwy/cty driving before leaving) 400 miles at 27.3 avg. Trip back, 300 miles at an average of 28.2-28.5 (the readout was flipping between both for the last 5 miles, so probably around 28.35). Very happy with this for an extended trip, especially when the A/C was on most of the time.

My overall average since new is 23.1 over 16,000 miles.

Interesting that when I filled up after the highway stints, the readout average was within .08 of the actual, versus approx. 1.0 high when the driving is done around town.

An interesting site on the roadtrip, a McLaren F1 actually being driven on the open highway. A $1 million+ car, until recently, the fastest production car ever at 240 MPH, slogging along in the far right lane at around 70. He was going the other way so I couldn't see how well the GT would have done ;-) I wonder what he gets for mileage :-))))))))))))

Just got back from a business trip with mostly highway driving. Tried to use the cruise control as much as possible but it was tough in quite a few places. Usually set it for 75.

Trip Down (including about 100 miles of 50/50 hwy/cty driving before leaving) 400 miles at 27.3 avg. Trip back, 300 miles at an average of 28.2-28.5 (the readout was flipping between both for the last 5 miles, so probably around 28.35). Very happy with this for an extended trip, especially when the A/C was on most of the time.

My overall average since new is 23.1 over 16,000 miles.

Interesting that when I filled up after the highway stints, the readout average was within .08 of the actual, versus approx. 1.0 high when the driving is done around town.

An interesting site on the roadtrip, a McLaren F1 actually being driven on the open highway. A $1 million+ car, until recently, the fastest production car ever at 240 MPH, slogging along in the far right lane at around 70. He was going the other way so I couldn't see how well the GT would have done ;-) I wonder what he gets for mileage :-))))))))))))

Wow!! A McClaren F1!!! I still have not seen one of those...one of my favorite cars of all time... I'm guessing the McClaren you saw was being driven by Will Turner of Turner Motorsports...He has a F1 and his Race shop is in MA which is right next door...and I'm guessing that there are only a handful of F1s in the U.S....so it most likely was him.

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html/raceimages/watkins_glen_04/gac_04_glen_10.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Does it bother me when people complain? No. Complaining is free, and if a little venting here takes away a some stress, all the better.

I am averaging <22mph, which is WAY better than I used to get in my Chevy Tahoe.

Guest clawdnb
i used to drive a sentra that would drain an entire tank of gas (and bottle of n02) in a single evening of driving around messing with people.....thats over $50 worth of fuel's for one nite of entertainment.....quit your bitching, i have a lgt and am happy to have something making more than 15mpg, espec since it would make really good mileage if i didnt rag on it

I own a 2000 Dakota sport, 2 seater, v6, 3.9 liter

those makes 175HP and like 220 of torque

i think i make like 9-12 city and 17-19 highway using regular 87

ill be extremly happy if i can make 20something on city, it will be a blessing, even if it is high grade fuel, i would have to spend less than my hungry-ass dodge,

and your telling me that is bad if the legacy gt is making more hp and torque and using less gas??

in christmas, I took a trip from virginia beach to manhattan, it took 2-1/2 refills of $45.

plz, do something useful, sell your legacy and get a hybrid car then.

Archived