LegacyGT.com

nissan titan 5.6 vs. legacy gt ltd.

i'll be the 1st to tell you that i don't like to race. however, on my way to work in the moring i was cut off by a nisan titan truck when i tried to turn from beltway 8 to 225 in houston. the damn truck ran me off the lane when we made a left turn. after the turn, there's a light on the beltway/225 feeder and the titan was revving i had my window down and cussed him out while he was giving me the finger after he was the one that cut me off. talk about early morning racing... i had the legacy at about 4500 rpm's when i floored it and pulled away although it didn't feel that easy because he was still on my ass. his truck was really fast and i give that truck a lot of credit. by the time i was on the 225 freeway he was pretty far by the time i hit around 120ish swirving around traffic. that guy was an prick. where do these people come from?

Didn't you know that all trucks in Texas have the right of way? j/k

I know how you feel. I get so angry on my way in to work every morning. All the normal law abiding drivers wait 15 min. to fill up the right 2 turn lanes but there are ALWAYS people cutting in or squeezing in front of us at the last minute. It makes me furious, so I understand your frustration.

120 huh....damn.

K

Psychotic truck and SUV drivers are a different breed than us. Stay out of their way and keep your pristine GT just as it is; pristine.

I usually try and do the Zen thing and imagine myself in their shoes, having to drive something that large and poor-handling every day... it puts a smile on my face as I motor away.

Other than a ford lightning or a dodge srt-10 the titan is the quickest pickup truck! Too bad the driver was a prick;( I'd take the titan over ANY domestic other than the srt-10) The titan has an underrated 305Hp/385lb-ft
Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

most every truck (srt-10 and lightning excluded) will hit an aerodynamic wall around 100-110 mph. I don't care if the have a hemi or a 5.6L or whatever. It's just a brick. next time, find a couple of miles of open highway and show him that the LGT can easily sprint up to 130+ mph and really leave him behind! only trouble is that pricks like that don't give up easily. they just keep plowing away at maybe 100 mph and slowly catch up after you've settled down to rational speeds. idiots!

I ran with one of those Titan's one time. I think I accidentally cut him off, so I tried to get away, and he stayed right with me. Dang those things are fast!

But I bet they can't stick with us in the curves and stuff!!! I drove one. Nice, but BIG!!! If I had a boat to tow it would win hands down over other trucks.

:orly:YA RLY!!! Home of +2500 useless posts!!!!

They are ok fast. One was coming on from a on ramp speeding and was going to try to pass me to get in front of me. So I down shifted and slowly passed him up. I passed him slowly, thats b/c he was keeping up. I hope you know what I mean.

Archived