LegacyGT.com

Exhaust Question?

I went stage 2 and ended up with an oil pressure issue that toasted my last motor. Now I am putting a brand new motor in and I'm not going stage 2, but I'm curious if I should keep the down pipe and CBE? I'd assume I would have to cancel out a cat code, but I still have the AP so that's not a big deal. Is there any other issues I should worry about?

I like the burble, but not enough to have my car running wrong.

What exactly was your issue? (perhaps there's another thread on that subject?)

Did you change your oil banjo bolt when you went stage 2?

I did not change the banjo bolt before going stage 2- that was probably my issue. I've been tearing apart, putting together, buying parts, ect. to get my car back to useable.

It's been out for months and I've been thinking

1- "Ya know, you can go stage 2 for about $1k" says my friend

and

2- I already loved my car when it was stock

but here I am months later and I'm driving a Hyundai I got a good deal on and waiting to get my car back. So, like I said, I'd like some burble, but not at the cost of risking anything. If that means bolt up the CBE and not the DP then that's what I'm doing.

...anyone want to buy a Hyundai in a week?:lol:

Remove the banjo filter.

Put the DP and exhaust back on the car.

Flash it to stage 2 and be done with it. Lots of us run stage 2 with no issues.

To be really sure, do it right and have a Tuner dyno the car and tune it.

My Tuner did street tunes at stage 2 and made me a custom map. When I put a vf52 on the 05 he made me bring it to the dyno and afterwards took it out for a street tune.

Even with the new engine, you need to check the oil level until you know how much oil the engine uses.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

How many miles were on the original engine? It's entirely possible that you would have had the exact same issue whether or not you went stage 2. Having a clogged banjo bolt filter will kill the turbo, even in a stock setup.

So what kind of Hyundai are you driving now? My wife just sold hers, she loved it (but loves her 07 TL type-S even more)

So what kind of Hyundai are you driving now? My wife just sold hers, she loved it (but loves her 07 TL type-S even more)

That's a no brainer...lets see, should I drive the TL type S or the Hyundai...

At least she has her priorities right...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

How many miles were on the original engine? It's entirely possible that you would have had the exact same issue whether or not you went stage 2. Having a clogged banjo bolt filter will kill the turbo, even in a stock setup.

It's a 05 Elantra. I have a buddy going to jail for a while and he wanted some quick money. It bluebooks at $5700 and I picked it up for $2500. I'm not a fan of hyundai but a deal is a deal and I don't have a daily driver so it just made sense.

Archived