LegacyGT.com

2012 Impreza

http://jalopnik.com/5846034/2012-subaru-impreza-first-drive

AWD, 36mpg, under $19k for the CVT version, and a base of $17,500?

At only $1900 more than the base Civic, it sounds like the book on economy cars was just re-written.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Looks a lot better than the boring previous Gen, that's for sure.

Like a baby LGT wagon (a good thing)- even though it's technically a hatch again.

I will wait until the WRX version comes out. If it's not too boy racer, it could be a replacement for my wagon in a couple years.

I agree. If the STi follows a similar form factor, then I could be enticed to get one.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

It would honestly be the only new car Subaru offers that will get me in the showroom.

They way new cars are going, this newly styled Impreza hatch will likely have the same amount of cabin room as my 05 wagon does. I can sacrifice a little trunk space on the new Impreza hatch if the front and rear seat space are maintained.

And I'd like to get back in to a smaller, better handling footprint as well. The 05 LGT wagon was a big change from other pocket rockets I've owned in the past.

I mean, the new Focus feels like it has the same amount of cabin space as my wagon does!:lol:

Front looks like a Pontiac Vibe... Back looks like a older Ford Focus (Although I do really like the new focus's) and the Interior looks like something GM came up with. Maybe the 08/09 STI will come down in price now so I can get one lol.

i'm fairly certain this vehicle will be in my stable whether it be for myself or my wife. size wise it's perfect in my opinion, i had begun considering the toyota matrix XR (4WD) because the outback / legacy is just too large now. but this much more what i'm looking for.

This new gen Impreza body is really growing on me. The gas mileage isn't too bad at all for an AWD Subaru, style reminds me of the 4th gen Legacy (slightly), and it just overall seems like a fun little economy car.

I'd buy one.

36mpg is good for anything. The fact that it's AWD too, makes it even better.

Do you guys have a picture of the rear yet?

The hatch is really good looking. I broke out laughing when reading about the out of control coal cart and bungee cord. That's an auto critic with a sense of flair.

While the styling paradigm shift is blasphemy to many stalwart Subaru afficiandos, being new to Subaru's...I enjoy the tranformation. The diehard's complaints about niggling details don't fall on deaf ears however and there is agreement in areas.

Thanks!

I kind of like the hatch. Still not a fan of the sedan.

I would take a Focus hatch with some winter tires over one of these in a heartbeat. AWD is completely unnecessary for me and that interior just looks dated as most Subaru interiors tend to be.

The Focus is overpriced for what you get. They aren't roomy and use substandard materials. You should get a base Jetta, Toyota Corolla or Nissan Sentra instead of a Focus.

I think the Ford marketing team was on drugs when they priced out the Focus.

The Focus is overpriced for what you get. They aren't roomy and use substandard materials. You should get a base Jetta, Toyota Corolla or Nissan Sentra instead of a Focus.

Wow. Once again, way off base. The interior materials in the Focus are on par with VW which is one of the best. The Focus is not overpriced for what it is and that is a premium compact car. Americans are not familiar with this type of car but the Focus has been very successful in the European market. Then you suggest getting a base Jetta, Corolla or Sentra which have the cheapest, crappiest, and dated interiors on the market right now. Not to mention all 3 are much worse drivers than the new Focus. Who in their right mind would suggest a Corolla to anyone that even has the slightest interest in driving enjoyment?

Wow seriously? You recommend the three worst compact cars on the market right now over the Focus? I'll give it to you that the Focus isn't as nice as they hype it to be, but definitely still nicer than those 3 you suggested. After the Hyundai thread, and this, you now have negative credibility.

Wow seriously? You recommend the three worst compact cars on the market right now over the Focus? I'll give it to you that the Focus isn't as nice as they hype it to be, but definitely still nicer than those 3 you suggested. After the Hyundai thread, and this, you now have negative credibility.

All I will say is that I drove the Focus and wasn't impressed. Nice in appearance, but looks get you so far. I might be jaded against Ford because I had a clutch cable break due to a manufacturer defect at 1:30 am when leaving downtown Detroit. Also had another Ford die in bumper to bumper traffic due to known problem. Cars beeping and honking, luckily a Ford employee that was aware of the problem stopped and pulled apart the fuel system and fixed it on the highway.

I've owned numerous Fords over the years and still considered the Focus even though they are the only vehicle that has ever left me stranded in the middle of the road on multiple occasions.

We have the old gen Focus at work as fleet cars. They were new and glitzy at one time. Now they are just old Fords...

Archived