LegacyGT.com

loser cuts me off, i cut him off, then he takes a pic of me!

joedirtae09

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude, thats soo weird. Just yesterday I was goin straight, probably 40mph in the left lane next to a Corvette in the right. I look ahead and I see a light green Hyundai Accent inching fowards to make a right turn. I dont want him to go, but of course he does. I can see that his car is struggling to accelerate, all 2.5 cylinders barely gets him out in front of us. If the piece of shit Hyundai had any handling/power, he would have turned on to the right lane, but no.... he takes it super wide and ends up in the left lane, in front of me.

I didnt have to slam my brakes, but I did have to slow down... Once hes in front of me, he doesnt really speed off, it didnt seem like hes in a rush. Hes just going the speed limit, I dont know if the road rage had set in, but it almost seemed like he was going slower to piss me off.

Of course I had to lay on my hella horns and cut him off. I know some people will think/say, I didnt have to but c'mon... why shouldnt I? I drove slightly agressive to get in front of him but it was nothing like a Nascar maneuver, it doesnt take much for our cars to cut off a Hyundai.

Im in front of him at the light and I look back... he has his cell phone out... and he was taking a pic of my car??? WTF!! I managed to get next to him and I started to yell, "why did you take a picture". He didnt respond, he seemed like a nerdy, sketchy guy that you see on Dateline NBC to Catch a Predator.

The only reason Im posting this is becase I wanna know if he can do anything with the pic? I should have taken a pic of his car/plate but I was just too pissed.

There is nothing wrong with him taking a picture. You are in a public place and he can take all the pics he wants.

Now, if he chooses to do something with it, nothing would ever happen in court because he has no proof who is driving the car and no police officer witnessed it. However, if he did some research he would find a written statement by you on a public forum saying how guilty you are of aggressive driving! Not always the smartest to write your guilty stories on the web, but that's my opinion.

Besides. read your posts, they read with douchebaggery. You openly admit to driving like a douchebag. What do you expect, a thumbs up?

"WAY TO GO BRO, YOU LAID ON YOUR HELLAS Y0 AND CUT THAT PUNK OFF IN HIS HYUNDAI"

Clearly you don't understand. He had no choice but to drive like a douchebag:

Of course I had to lay on my hella horns and cut him off.
sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

http://www.thecarblackbox.com/

These sort of devices are fitted to about 30% of the vehicles in use where I live, with the number growing everyday. You got hit by some guy running a red but the cop thinks you were at fault? This is your solution. Some idiot cuts you off in traffic, this is your proof it happened how you said.

My buddy has one in his STi. He has a pretty loud exhaust on it too. A few months ago he passes some guy on a motorcycle, scares him a little with the noise so he wobbles a bit. The guy starts posting on the local forums that STi driver with such and such a license number drives like a douche, almost knocked him off his bike etc. He almost raises a posse to go after my friend. Friend hears about this thread, and then posts his video of the event. His video shows the biker drifting into his lane just before he passed him and the whole tide of the thread turns to trash the biker. War averted, damsels rescued, end thread.

Just imagine what this guy in his Hyundai could have done if he had video of getting cut off. Remember he doesn't have to supply evidence of what he did or didn't do first.

People are idiots and liars for the most part. In-car DVR is good protection after the fact. Just knowing that so many people have these makes me a lot less likely to give them the finger or yell at them when they deserve it. People have been fined for all sorts of traffic violations and even littering just on video evidence supplied by other drivers. Big brother will soon not need to watch you. His gang of DVR-toting citizen weasels will do it for him.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

http://www.thecarblackbox.com/

These sort of devices are fitted to about 30% of the vehicles in use where I live, with the number growing everyday. You got hit by some guy running a red but the cop thinks you were at fault? This is your solution. Some idiot cuts you off in traffic, this is your proof it happened how you said.

My buddy has one in his STi. He has a pretty loud exhaust on it too. A few months ago he passes some guy on a motorcycle, scares him a little with the noise so he wobbles a bit. The guy starts posting on the local forums that STi driver with such and such a license number drives like a douche, almost knocked him off his bike etc. He almost raises a posse to go after my friend. Friend hears about this thread, and then posts his video of the event. His video shows the biker drifting into his lane just before he passed him and the whole tide of the thread turns to trash the biker. War averted, damsels rescued, end thread.

Just imagine what this guy in his Hyundai could have done if he had video of getting cut off. Remember he doesn't have to supply evidence of what he did or didn't do first.

People are idiots and liars for the most part. In-car DVR is good protection after the fact. Just knowing that so many people have these makes me a lot less likely to give them the finger or yell at them when they deserve it. People have been fined for all sorts of traffic violations and even littering just on video evidence supplied by other drivers. Big brother will soon not need to watch you. His gang of DVR-toting citizen weasels will do it for him.

I kind of want one of those! Will it record all of the time? And I can manually stop recording, so I can have video of a non-accident event?

That would be fantastic.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I kind of want one of those! Will it record all of the time? And I can manually stop recording, so I can have video of a non-accident event?

That would be fantastic.

The ones I have seen do the usual security video thing, with a few extras. They record as long as the ignition is on. When the card is full they overwrite what is on the card, therefore you have as much 'history' as there is memory divided by framerate. They have an accelerometer built in so they will stop rolling a short time after a high G-force event to be sure the crash isn't overwritten. Some can record G-force along with video so it's clear how the vehicle was being operated even before an accident occurs. Some have GPS either on board or can record data from external GPS units so there is a record of position and also vehicle speed before and during an event. Helps if someone is claiming your speed caused the accident. May even help beat a ticket if the judge is willing to admit the evidence.

Yes, you can stop and save the movie, and some units allow you to lock a certain portion of the video record and then carry on as usual.

I will probably get one in the next few weeks to play around with, when I have a moment.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

I'll look forward to your review. It seems like a good idea, for sure!
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Yes. Unplug it.

I only wanted and expected someone to say something like.... "hey, that happened to me once before..."

I didnt expect to be preached about safe driving by people who claim to be perfect on the road.

If makes you feel better to say you've never been agrresive on the road, more power to you.

Nobody here is going to come in to this thread and congratulate you for driving like a moronic idiot. It lumps them in the same group as you.

zapatag.com

Who else checked their tag?

No results for me!

maybe he liked your car so he took a picture.. i dont think op did anything wrong. mofos here in LA drive like shiet or like they own the road. if you cut in front of me please go faster then me or get the F@#$ out of my way. i dont drive reckless but i like to go faster then the speed limit.

Archived