LegacyGT.com

Outrageous claim: XOCHiTL tortilla chips are the best supermarket tortilla chips

BDII

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
http://p.twimg.com/Ai7cp5-CQAACAIs.jpg

/thread

If this is the one I am thinking of, it is by one of the big chip makers (look at the fine print on the bag), but it appears (to me anyway) that they are trying to come off as a small player.

It is still ugly.

If this is the one I am thinking of, it is by one of the big chip makers (look at the fine print on the bag), but it appears (to me anyway) that they are trying to come off as a small player.

They're made by Frito Lay. The evil empire of the chip kingdom. They probably sell these to trick the people who won't buy the Frito Lay branded items.

My favorite are the Snyders Yellow Corn tortillas. Also, Green Mountain Gringo has some excellent chips, but the Hot salsa is probably the best jar salsa you can find around.

Most of you probably know of this... but its actually quite easy!

All you need is a deep fryer, you can pick one up from a local store for like 30-50 bucks ive seen now-a-days, its a personal size, 2-4 people it can feed per fry, but they are great to have around if your not a health nut, or keep it as a treat for every once in a while...

Grab some of the simple soft tortilla shells from a local grocery store, plain ones, or you can get a little creative and try some corn ones, blue corn, or whatever you may come across...

Simply cut then into triangles, or any shape you want them to come out to be, i usually do triangles because dipping is great... make sure you get them thick enough or they will just crisp up and be really fragile, and all you do is drop em in the deep fryer, but the key is to stand at the fryer with something metal and keep the chips submerged, they will instantly float to the top, but submerging them cooks them evenly on both sides.

Now what makes it better and different than store bought chips are the seasonings your free to experiment with...

The combo I use and love

-Fine Grind Granulated Garlic

-Fine Grind Black pepper (one of those fresh grinders is best)

-Salt

-Onion Powder

-Oregano

-Smoked Paprika

Great in a home made cheese sauce...

Is there a recipe thread? I could type up some real cheap, real easy home cooked meal recipes on here, i love cooking, i don't want to be doing anything else with my life.

Archived