LegacyGT.com

Matte Black stock LGT wheels

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see someone experiment on a white car.....

Just a thought, but the clear PD, might make a good "bug shield" on the hood? Just a thought. I hate bug shields because they trap shit under them and end up screwing up the paint anyway (I have (3) 80yo trees that drop shit 24x7). The problem, I would think, would be peeling the mask off after painting.

PS I hate silver as a car color, but I have to admit, the silver with the flat back trip looks pretty sweet. The roof is a little over the top, but to each his own!

Alright, here is a check a few weeks later - my rims still look really good and I can't complain! But I have noticed around the edge, between the rim and tire, that they are starting to peel just a tiny bit, I can run my finger along it and it would easily start to peel up. Not a huge deal as it isn't noticeable unless you are right up on them.

But other than that, they still look good!

Everyone else?

Do you "armor all" your tires? Maybe the oils in the tire shine caused bad adhesion around the edges?

i dont think it was mentioned in here but to do all 4 wheels, get 3 cans of the stuff. I had half a can leftover from my grille, bought 2 new cans, and i just barely had enough. I did 2 coats on the inside and 3-4 coats on the exterior, ran out of the last can at about 2-1/2 coats on the last wheel.

Because the fog light bezels remove soooo easily I decided to give this a try. I think it looks good...

Grill and scoop next, I'd really like to see someone else try below the doors....

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k563/csbrown28/IMAG0359.jpg

I'm about to do the same to mine... I'm just scared to paint the bump section haha

I sprayed the PD on a plastic bottle. I wanted to see how easily it would come off and at the same time see how well it sticks.

It's hard to get off, but once you start to peel it off it comes off in one piece. To me there is little fear with this stuff as long as you spray it on in an even coat. If you let it spatter, that is, individual drops or if you spray a super thin coat, it would be hard to get off, not hard in the sense that it won't come off, hard in the sense that it would take you all day as you use your fingernail or something else that won't scratch the surface underneath.

Also, it's my experience that the edges of DP should always (whenever possible) end at an edge. In other words, if you try to mask this stuff off with tape, your going to have to cut along your edge or the tape will just peel it off when you remove the mask. Even if you do mask it and cut along the tape your going to get a large raised line where the edge is.

Hope that helps.

Because the fog light bezels remove soooo easily I decided to give this a try. I think it looks good...

Grill and scoop next, I'd really like to see someone else try below the doors....

You mean the rocker panels?

It would give the appearance of the car sitting higher than reality. It would also just look like it is unfinished, like you just got into an accident and had it repaired.

You mean the rocker panels?

It would give the appearance of the car sitting higher than reality. It would also just look like it is unfinished, like you just got into an accident and had it repaired.

Point taken, still like to see what it looks like though :icon_mrgr

• 2 weeks later...
for those who tape the tire off when painting and worried about the tape getting Plasti'd in and having to cut the edge here is a better alternative. Buy several cheap playing car decks. Place the cars in between the rim and tire like a barrier that goes all the way around the wheel. Tape paper behind them to protect from over spray and then go to town painting.

Yeah I wasn't referring to cost. compared to a full paint job thats nothing! I was more thinking how bad my hand would hurt after spraying 28 cans of that stuff!

And I have to pay like 11 bucks here to get it at NAPA. The Home Depot by my house doesnt sell it any more for some reason. They wouldn't even order it for me when I asked. :mad:

Archived