LegacyGT.com

Matte Black stock LGT wheels

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alright i just finished spraying! They are drying now, I will be throwing them on a bit later. Heres a pic of how they turned out, I am very happy with it! (Sadly a bit of curbage from the previous owner shows thru but not a big deal...)

photo1.thumb.jpg.eedc824089ad915b985e5f28dd32592a.jpg

tjbev, its funny cause I just saw your post and I have done the grille surrounding in black, the mesh grille in white, the foglight surroundings and the hood scoop in black and I have been waiting for the rain to stop up here to do the front air dam. Is it plasti dip you used on your wheels? I have the JDM wheels and I am looking to get black wheels but I want to do a little custom work on these just for now. If I use the plasti spray, I can peel it off and it won't do any damage to the stock wheels?

i painted mine with wheel paint gloss black and left the middle caps silver look awesome. took the car to get washed, paint stayed on no scrachtes a day after painting. heres a pic.

http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/5951/mailgooglecomoy.jpg

sicotic- wheels look good not a huge fan of gloss black but they look good is it plasti dip?

DP- my grille, hood scoop, fog covers, and front bumper and soon to be calipers were painted with flat black hi temp engine enamel (got subaru caliper stickers on the way) thanks to DOC

wheels are flat black plasti dip

I might plasti dip my roof next week to see how it looks also have 25mm spacers to poke the rears out a bit

Totally! It went on different than I expected but it leveled out and it looks great. My next projects are going to be the fog lights and the hoop scoop, and possibly the grille. Do you think this stuff would work for the hood scoop? (since it is high heat...?)

Also I want to do the calipers and I know Auto Zone sells caliper paint, but I got to pick a color. I want something crazy - yellow or red is what I am leaning towards. Thoughts anyone? (I want subaru stickers too, I will have to find someone who does that on here)

Archived