LegacyGT.com

Subikid's 655992365th LGT

I've seen that happen a few times before.

If you need that tensioner pulley I may have a spare one for you..

I am doing the upgrade to the new style, I have a kit sitting in my garage for my black car I will salvage the parts from. Looks like the black car is going to be sitting even longer now.

Thanks for the offer tho, I need the car for class and work Monday.

NAPA scared me when they told me the timing belt kit with the old style tensioner and water pump is $750 :eek:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because the old style piston tensioner is like $200 plus $100 for the pulley.

I was able to change over to a new style tensioner and get it back running. I think I have a valve or two that is slightly bent as I have lost power and have a louder valve tick now.

I am doing the upgrade to the new style, I have a kit sitting in my garage for my black car I will salvage the parts from. Looks like the black car is going to be sitting even longer now.

Thanks for the offer tho, I need the car for class and work Monday.

NAPA scared me when they told me the timing belt kit with the old style tensioner and water pump is $750 :eek:

Thats ridiculous in price.

NAPA is way overpriced for some things.

Just get a kit from Amazon.

I think you can get one for about $250.00 or so.

What came with the GT Limited that was not on the GT ?

Leather, some other extras ?

Leather (standard).

Sunroof (standard, not an option).

Full body color (even the skirts match the body color).

99s have the snowflakes with golden accents on the spokes.

99s also have a 5 speed as an option while the 98s only got an auto.

Leather (standard).

Sunroof (standard, not an option).

Full body color (even the skirts match the body color).

99s have the snowflakes with golden accents on the spokes.

99s also have a 5 speed as an option while the 98s only got an auto.

This^

• 2 months later...
count me in that number:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d138/TbirdMan2/0407111600a.jpg

220k on it, but it is an FL car with no rust to speak of, so as long as i keep the mechanicals sorted out (not exactly an easy job admittedly) it should have plenty more miles in it.

Did you do the grill yourself? it is very clean!:bbq:

Damn man this is coming along quick. Nice rods, and hell why not go all out if you do it

haha quick, it has been almost a year since I bought the parts for the build. :lol:

As soon as I find a trans to take the power it will start to go quickly. I cannot balance the rotating assembly until I find the trans because I need the flywheel. Not sure if I will go 5sp ppg or 6spd yet.

haha quick, it has been almost a year since I bought the parts for the build. :lol:

As soon as I find a trans to take the power it will start to go quickly. I cannot balance the rotating assembly until I find the trans because I need the flywheel. Not sure if I will go 5sp ppg or 6spd yet.

I say 6spd Spec-B transmission, if you can. It will take good advantage of the TQ that engine will be producing.

the spec b 6spd is difficult to find. I might go with the STi 6spd and get a DCCD controller. The issue there is I have to do the hub and axle swap if it is 05-07 STi.

I am unsure how much I will like the 6spd while auto-xing though. I might try to talk my buddy into letting me run his 05 STi to see how I like it.

• 3 months later...

Well since the headgaskets went I decided to start the swap. I hope to have this done around june. I will keep you guys up to date with what the plans are.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff139/ptownhawky15/2013-04-07_22-01-47_788_zps2686fee0.jpg

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff139/ptownhawky15/2013-04-07_22-02-02_278_zps0207f952.jpg

I am working on the custom pistons right now, looking at a few different options/features. I am going to plug the oil squirters with aluminum plugs and then weld the plugs in so they cannot come out. I will have the machine shop send pictures of the plug when it gets done.

Archived