LegacyGT.com

can an off duty cop actually send u tickets in the mail?

rapture

You really don't see the difference between stereotyping someone's race versus simply doing a job?

It is not illegal to drive while being spanish or middle eastern. That's why the police don't pull them over for those reasons you listed.

It is however illegal to drive with windows that are darker than the legal limit. Officers have the legal right to pull you over, then inspect to see if you are drunk, if your car smells like pot, etc. They don't have the right to search unless you give them permission or there is reasonable cause. Much in the same way they wouldn't search a car full of middle eastern men, thinking they may have a bomb.

If they are driving a car with expired tags or illegal tint, they would certainly be pulled over as well regardless their race or country of citizenship.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Not even the legal right, the obligation.

You're looking at it wrong. The police officer has to enforce the laws that are passed. He doesn't care if you're a drug runner or spanish or anything else, he cares that your tint is illegal.

Your complaint is with your local government, who passed the law under the belief that only drug runners have dark tint, or something equally stupid. Take the complaint to the right place, and stop voting for people who aren't capable of rational thought. See: The Patriot Act

yea but i know cops as well state troopers and local pd alike. and most of them all state that they will not bother some one just due to their illegal tint. they only bother with those they feel are actually causing harm to others such as speeding or driving reckless. i actually had a trooper test my tint for me just to tell me what it was. and it came out to 18% and he just laughed and said ok see you later. and that was a trooper i didnt know. some cops have their head on right but most are just power strucken.

Then they aren't doing their job properly.

If they actually are busy doing other tasks that are deemed to have a higher priority then so be it.

Again, they're there to enforce the law, not interpret it (that's what the courts are for).

If you're doing something illegal it's the risk you take.

If you don't want to get pulled over for speeding, don't speed.

As ShadowImg said, if you want the speed limit raised, then get together with people who share that opinion and write your local representative and hope for the best.

If you don't want to get pulled over for speeding, don't speed.

As ShadowImg said, if you want the speed limit raised, then get together with people who share that opinion and write your local representative and hope for the best.

:confused: i never stated i was speeding or that i was trying to get the limit changed.

yeah uh i'm pretty sure that tint is NOT a moving violation....hence the officer should NOT be able to pull u over unless ur driving is erratic or speeding etc....

i totally agree i know this dude in particular was on some kind of rage either from steroid's or coke... in my particular district just this past year two diff. officers lost their jobs for being drunk!!!! while on the clock!!!! wtf. i just think their should be alot of psychological evaluations diff. and better than there are now to keep these bully asshole types from even getting the power trip job of their dreams

yeah uh i'm pretty sure that tint is NOT a moving violation....hence the officer should NOT be able to pull u over unless ur driving is erratic or speeding etc....

i totally agree i know this dude in particular was on some kind of rage either from steroid's or coke... in my particular district just this past year two diff. officers lost their jobs for being drunk!!!! while on the clock!!!! wtf. i just think their should be alot of psychological evaluations diff. and better than there are now to keep these bully asshole types from even getting the power trip job of their dreams

:whore:

thank you someone agrees with me

I agree with the laws that limit tint in cars. I want to see who's in the car next to me plus tint limits your vision, even more so at night. Want your car cooler turn on the AC.

I hope the police pull every car over and ticket the gangbanger ghetto wannabe's with their tinted side windows. In fact quit playing around with them and make it a moving violation.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

^ whoa...:lol: im definently no gang banger wanna be. and i want my car cooler when i go to get into it after its been baking in the sun..i dont know about your car but my ac doesnt run when the car is off. and no i dont wanna go out and let it run for 5 mins before i drive off in it. it waists my time it waists gas and its no help to the enviroment. and as far as limiting vision goes, so do sun glasses. yes you can lift sunglasses up to see. and i can roll my windows down to see. and as far as seeing whos next to you, i dont want the person next to me seeing me. my face is non of their business.

also explain to me the difference between me having my windows tinted on my car...and having the factory tint the windows on a van or suv (all laws aside) if what you say is true then their vision is limited as well. are soccer moms secretly gangbanger ghetto thug wannabe's :lol:

and i got my windows tinted so the sun is not in my daughters eyes while still allowing her to see out the windows to keep her occupied. unlike sunscreens which dont cover the whole window anyway.

i did not get my windows tinted because i wanna live the thug life.:lol:

are you a stereotypical cop by chance.

tint is the same way as the new cell phone and texting laws they are secondary offenses. technically they are not supposed to pull you over unless they have a primary reason. such as speeding or driving wreckless. key word technically. although some power strucken dick head cops will.

Actually I believe tint is a primary offense in MD....

they may have changed the law then but i dont feel that it should be a law at all. if the state police and local pd (not the people but the organization) werent hypocrytical and allowed police cars to have full blacked out tint then id be fine with it but i dont see how they justify it being ok for them but not us.

and no im not gonna go fight it because its a waist of time and nothing will change. just stating my opinion

^ whoa...:lol: im definently no gang banger wanna be. and i want my car cooler when i go to get into it after its been baking in the sun..i dont know about your car but my ac doesnt run when the car is off. and no i dont wanna go out and let it run for 5 mins before i drive off in it. it waists my time it waists gas and its no help to the enviroment. and as far as limiting vision goes, so do sun glasses. yes you can lift sunglasses up to see. and i can roll my windows down to see. and as far as seeing whos next to you, i dont want the person next to me seeing me. my face is non of their business.

also explain to me the difference between me having my windows tinted on my car...and having the factory tint the windows on a van or suv (all laws aside) if what you say is true then their vision is limited as well. are soccer moms secretly gangbanger ghetto thug wannabe's :lol:

and i got my windows tinted so the sun is not in my daughters eyes while still allowing her to see out the windows to keep her occupied. unlike sunscreens which dont cover the whole window anyway.

i did not get my windows tinted because i wanna live the thug life.:lol:

are you a stereotypical cop by chance.

Justify it anyway you want but the fact remains that aftermarket tint cuts down your vision at night. It is also intimidating to other drivers who can't see the occupants in the car next to them.

Factory tint still allows proper vision in and out of the car while cutting down the effects of the sun. Most cars have some sort of factory tint already and when you install aftermarket tint it just compounds the problem.

Driving on the roads today is an adventure by it's self adding tint, cell phones, 16 y/o drivers, etc. etc. just make it that much more dangerous.

Using your daughter as the excuse to tint your car is lame, you can do better.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

I got pulled over for 20% not even 2 weeks ago which I got because the 40% that you would have to get to be legal is a joke so I'm definitely not disagreeing with you especially when other states, such as FL have a 5% tint law.

yes it is so lame that i want to keep my car cooler and to keep the sun out of my daughters eyes. shes only 7 months old so yes that would be a damn good reason. do you even have any children?

and as far as stock tint it works the same as after market tint the only difference is the way that it is tinted. but as far as maryland goes not sure about your state. but on a van suv or truck the tint either stock or aftermarket can be as dark as you want it beyond the front 2 windows, you could paint them if you wanted. but on a car none of the windows are allowed to be darker than 35-40%. explain that.

because that was the point i was making in regards to van and suvs.

and not worried about how other drivers feel about my windows. i dont like being seen while im driving. is it intimidating when a cop pulls you over and he has blacked out windows. how do you know hes really a cop? would you pull over? or keep driving?:lol:

you can justify your thoughts anyway youd like to. but you cant seem to answer back on any of my reasonings

I got pulled over for 20% not even 2 weeks ago which I got because the 40% that you would have to get to be legal is a joke so I'm definitely not disagreeing with you especially when other states, such as FL have a 5% tint law.

So you mean that in Florida it's permitted to have a car that only lets in 5% of the outside light?

It would be quite dark in those cars.

Here's it's not permitted to have tint that can impair the vision of the driver. Essentially meaning only light factory tint on windscreen and front doors.

453747.png

back when i was a immature kid driving my civic a accord was next to me so i thought he wanted to race. just as i was looking at him and about to take off he pull out his badge and shakes his head "NO" i felt stupid and never tried to street race again after that.

they say cops are never off duty just not in uniform but that doesnt mean they give tickets anytime they want

man bosco are u kidding me?

what are u like 90

u sound like a bitter old man.

where i live in fishtown philadelphia tint is a must.(as well as a top notch alarm system)

see crack heads and scrappers are always looking for a car with tools or whatever they can steal so actually the tint helps alot!

and i have no problem seeing at night or whenever and my tint is DARK.

aside from the fact it makes the car look soo much better!

man bosco are u kidding me?

what are u like 90

u sound like a bitter old man.

where i live in fishtown philadelphia tint is a must.(as well as a top notch alarm system)

see crack heads and scrappers are always looking for a car with tools or whatever they can steal so actually the tint helps alot!

and i have no problem seeing at night or whenever and my tint is DARK.

aside from the fact it makes the car look soo much better!

Sounds to me like you need to move and STFU!

Archived