LegacyGT.com

Lowered almost 2 inchs

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated
My trans / rear diff will handle 400 at the wheels "reliably". If I'm easy on it at 500, then it will last a decent ammount of time. If I beat the shit out of for 30k miles though, it will break

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Its sitting at the shop. I blew it up racing a vette on the interstate lol.

It violently shoots coolant into the overflow as soon as it warms up. I think I cracked a head

Damn dude. It least that engine blew up with honor.

After you build this one again, you should turbo build it's brother Outback.

• I Donated

I'll be doing a build in the OB. Both will get repainted to the same color (they are close now, but OB is darker).

I have a video of me racing that vette....my retarded friends are retarded, so dont listen to them lol. Race is the last 10 - 15 seconds of the video. He got a little bit of a jump on be, but I caught up and blew by pretty quick

NSFW due to language

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2_rpisxXgQ]Legacy EJ20R vs C5 Corvette[/ame]

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Man there's an incredible ammount of rice going on in this thread! Shame on you guys! :p

Broknin, I'm curious though, did you single convert the 20R, or keep it fail turb-Er, sorry, Twin Turbo?

Noice. How on earth did you kill it with 15 psi? Were you not running premium petrol or something? Theoretically they should be run on 93. But will go on 91 just fine. Less than that is asking for big trouble, unless spefically tuned for it.

• I Donated
Noice. How on earth did you kill it with 15 psi? Were you not running premium petrol or something? Theoretically they should be run on 93. But will go on 91 just fine. Less than that is asking for big trouble, unless spefically tuned for it.

supposedly the EJ20R red lines at 7500 RPMs. I took it to 7500 - 7600 in 3rd hear and did something brutal to one of the heads. There is a video floating around this site somewhere. I was racing a vette. I beat him and didn't realize that my car was destroyed until I got to where I was going and I was puking coolant everywhere.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

supposedly the EJ20R red lines at 7500 RPMs. I took it to 7500 - 7600 in 3rd hear and did something brutal to one of the heads. There is a video floating around this site somewhere. I was racing a vette. I beat him and didn't realize that my car was destroyed until I got to where I was going and I was puking coolant everywhere.

Problem with the heads? What, were you unlucky enough to get a shim fly off or something? I run my single converter 20R on an STi ECU, which rev limits at 8250rpm (redline is 8000), so my 20R heads see 8K all the time, and have been going fine with this abuse for some 50,000km's now.

The reason the STi revs to 8000, and the GTB to only 7500, is the shims. They are the same head, same cams and everything. Except the STi is shim-under-bucket, where's the GTB is shim-over-bucket. Meaning subaru knew a thing or two about over revved shim-over-bucket heads loosing their shims... I'm frankly amazed nothing untoward has happened with mine! I shall be running shim under next time I can tell you that! (Usually I don't go to 8K though, since peak power is closer to 7, so I nomally shift around 7-7.5)

So what actually happened in the end? Normally GTB engines die a big-end bearing death (rod bearings)(That's what I did to mine too, so I have a new short block).

• I Donated

The bottom of my engine seems to be fine. No rod knocks or anything like that.

As far as the heads, they are just stock 20R heads that have been slightly modified on the outside to cut out the second turbo.

As soon as my car warms up, it violently shoots coolant out of the overflow tank....and generally runs like garbage. I'm getting some smoke in the exhaust too, but thats always happened since my car runs rich as hell when it starts. I haven't been able to run it long enough to see if the smoke goes away.

Either way, there is something wrong with one of my heads or the head gaskets.

I'm not very happy about it. I love my 20R

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Would be wise. I'd say actually, track down a CD 2.2 block, and slap the 20R heads on there. Can keep the 8K redline, but get that smidgen more displacement, and at the same time, reduce the chances of an HG failure (Closed deck FTW).

OMG i just realized you drive a GT-B.. I want one. :/

Hehe. They are very nice. Worth importing into the states, and swapping all the bits onto your outback (or swapping your outback vin tags onto the GTB)

Archived