LegacyGT.com

Lowered almost 2 inchs

• I Donated

any EJ heads will bolt onto any EJ block. The thing you have to worry about is high speed valve interference when you run a thin headgasket.

I believe this was covered in the turbo faq....n00b! lol

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, but i dear say it'd bea easier to swap tags, and make it look factory, than swap everything onto an outback chassis. It's techncially safer to swap tags too, you're doing less firewall chopping that way :p

And regards to swapping heads and blocks, yes, any EJ head will bolt to an EJ block. But you can't use bigger heads on smaller blocks, like 2.5 heads on a 2L block - Because the cyl bore is smaller than the combustion chamber.

Other than that though, most will work. In some cases, you'll need new pistons too, as some combinations of block mixed with heads can lead to valves hitting pistons. I.e. early and late EJ20G's, can swap heads, but gotta swap pistons with them, late heads and early pistons will clash.

Using 2L STi/GTB heads on a 2.2 block is fine, but new pistons are implied, you'd need some that are lower compression anyway.

• I Donated

You can run thicker head gaskets to compensate for that.

The EJ20R comes stock with 1.6 gaskets to avoid high speed valve interference. New pistons are not "needed". There is a cheaper work around that works just as good

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

EJ257 is the 2.5L STi engine.

Compression is for N/A drivers. My ideal CR is 8:1.

I like lag, I like high boost. There's something so unbelievably good about that whack in the back at 4000rpm, and holding it to 8000rpm

My next build is going to be with STi EJ20K heads, and a 22 block. I'm not going anywhere near anything with "25" in the tag.

We do things differently in NZ, that's all. I don't doubt a 25 is fun, but it aint my bag.

• I Donated

babybaluga,

My car has had a few different turbos on it. It had a GT3076R on it at 13psi, but it was a little too much turbo for the engine.

I have it tuned now on the TD04 at 15psi because of the headgaskets. I can push the TD04 to about 18psi and that gets me closer to 300 at the wheels....I'll probably put a 16g at 15psi or so after i fix my blown up engine lol

WHAT THE HELL is that link? lol

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

I'm running a VF39 on mine at 18psi. It's a good combo (late spool, but doesn't taper off, perfect in my book). The block can take more, easy, but my fueling can not (still factory STi ECU on the yellows). 18psi is plenty I think anyway.

I love it to pieces, more need not be said.

I have a standing open offer btw gents, for anyone on holiday down this way, it is my DUTY to take you guys for a blat, and show you some of that kiwi hospitality.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa208/Pilot_Reuben/GTB/IMG_1370-1.jpg

• I Donated
I live around some great driving roads too, I am about 20min from the Blue Ridge Parkway and a couple hours from Tail of the Dragon, 318 turns in 11mi.

I still have to visit the dragon. I'm at Blood Mountain (Suches, GA) all the time though. Fun roads

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Yeah you guys do have nice roads stateside. The difference is here, we have the camber to go with, and we don't have a million people trying to do the only good ones around on the weekends :p

Archived