LegacyGT.com

Thinking of a GTR

LittleBlueGT

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am doing my research. I will acquire next year around May.

I don't want to spend $100,000+ on a 2007 911 Turbo, I only want to spend $70,000.

I guess it is impossible for people to understand that.:confused:

BMW 550i Xdrive ? I know someone mentioned the 3series earlier, I think the 5's can be had for under 70k...not sure how much extra $ you'd have to fork up for performance though - rated a little over 400hp from the factory (not quite up to par with what you're looking for power wise) Seems with a twin turbo V8 you'd be able to make the power you're looking for? Don't know much about modding BMWs though hahah

Just a thought - I personally think you're right on track with the GTR:cool:

Add to the fact that an XTerra probably makes more damage to what it hits than damage done to the XTerra.

Hopefully. I have a very short list of mods in mind for the Xterra, but robust bumpers are on the list. :)

/threadjack

The purpose of this thread:

-To let ones here that care (I know there are a couple) that I sold my current LGT

So many haters in this thread. What happened to the friendly neighborhood Legacy GT forums? Thanks for letting us know. I followed your build and your posts on tuning and will miss your contributions to this forum. Let us know how it goes with the new car. It seems like the GTR is the way to go for you, but I'd love to hear about you building an STI the "right way". I'm sure that would be an amazing build.

BMW 550i Xdrive ? I know someone mentioned the 3series earlier, I think the 5's can be had for under 70k...not sure how much extra $ you'd have to fork up for performance though - rated a little over 400hp from the factory (not quite up to par with what you're looking for power wise) Seems with a twin turbo V8 you'd be able to make the power you're looking for? Don't know much about modding BMWs though hahah

Just a thought - I personally think you're right on track with the GTR:cool:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYgkw7PxWss]‪XDrive (4WD) on BMW M5 F10? Response by BMW M CEO Dr Segler‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

453747.png

So many haters in this thread. What happened to the friendly neighborhood Legacy GT forums? Thanks for letting us know. I followed your build and your posts on tuning and will miss your contributions to this forum. Let us know how it goes with the new car. It seems like the GTR is the way to go for you, but I'd love to hear about you building an STI the "right way". I'm sure that would be an amazing build.

And it might still happen. I need to happy with my above issues before I buy.

I would love an AWD M BMW.

The new 1M w/ AWD would probably be right up my alley, so long as I can add 150 hp to the mix. (which seems a little hard right now).

The M5 is not what I want.

A guy at work got a 2007 M6 a few weeks ago. He let me drive it for 30-40 mins. Really nice car, nice compromise of handling vs performance, but not biased enough on performance for my tastes, and it felt slow.

My LGT handled a lot better then the M6, and it also felt a lot faster. The wtq vs weight on the M6 vs my LGT definitely favors the LGT. I am sure at higher speeds (where it is less about whp vs weight, and more about whp vs wind-resistance) the M6 would out-run me, but that wouldn't happen til above 150-160 I am sure.

I kept making sure the M-button was pressed, and it was.

And you can't turn the wick up on the 335ix?
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

The R class. The answer to the question that no one cared to ask.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived