LegacyGT.com

Fastest '05 Legacy GT...

MDTURBO

Hi All,

Trying to find out who has the fastest 1/4 ET for a 05MY legacy GT? Any input would be appreciated.

Reason being, I believe I hold the record at 13.187 @ 104.48.

Stock vf40

Stock weight

18" rims

KB short shifter

Perrin DP

TXS UP

NFP Custom cat-back

HKS EVC4 @ 1.1 bar

UTEC on stock map

NFP Custom FMIC

Everything else is stock.

Thanks!

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi All,

Trying to find out who has the fastest 1/4 ET for a 05MY legacy GT? Any input would be appreciated.

Reason being, I believe I hold the record at 13.187 @ 104.48.

Stock vf40

Stock weight

18" rims

KB short shifter

Perrin DP

TXS UP

NFP Custom cat-back

HKS EVC4 @ 1.1 bar

UTEC on stock map

NFP Custom FMIC

Everything else is stock.

Thanks!

Could you post the run breakdown. Ie; 60',330',1/8,1000'. Location and weather conditions?

I think these variables play an important role, in what times are achieved.

NICE run BTW!!!

sure, I would scan the slip but the scanner is in storage and I'm lazy... here's the best slip. I backed up that run with a 13.198 @ 103.85 as well...

Best so far:

Cecil County Dragway

6/1/05

7:56pm

Temp F. 64

Rel Humidity: 29

Absolute Press.: 29.25

R/T ... .418 (concentrating on 60' lol)

60' ... 1.921 (best 60' so far)

330 ... 5.493

1/8 ... 8.462

mph ... 83.31

1000 ... 11.023

1/4 ... 13.187

mph ... 104.48

Meaning the utec isn't modifying the stock ecu programming in any way. Using stock fueling and timing tables. I did however get a few knock counts up high in the rpm on shifts and managed to tame these with adding some fuel to the stock table. In utec, a 0 in the fuel table means it will use the stock ecu value for that rpm vs. map reference. All fields are 0's with the exception of the cells where I added some fuel. So I guess in theory it's a stock table with some fuel added up top in the high rpm band. Once I get to an AWD dyno, I'll have a tuner modify fuel and ignition (where the power waits to be unleashed)

I'd say you have record sewn up there buddy. 13.1@104 is sweet as hell! You could do some husslin with that machine (more so then with the Hawk;) ). I am sure John M is more than pleased to be wrong on his no LGT will see sub 13.5 stage anything statement. This shows the little VF40 can be made to run the LGT into the 12's with the correct supporting mods. Lets not forget this is Cecil known to be a VERY fast track so there could be a free tenth in there :lol:

I think it's safe to say you have the best time on the stock turbo thus far. Some of the guys who have performed turbo swaps may be able to beat that time but I haven't heard or read of any yet.

That's faster than my lightly modified (lid, exhaust) LS1 Camaro... Nice run!!

Do you ever hang out on LS1.com? If so, what's your screen-name over there?

I'd say you have record sewn up there buddy. 13.1@104 is sweet as hell! You could do some husslin with that machine (more so then with the Hawk;) ). I am sure John M is more than pleased to be wrong on his no LGT will see sub 13.5 stage anything statement. This shows the little VF40 can be made to run the LGT into the 12's with the correct supporting mods. Lets not forget this is Cecil known to be a VERY fast track so there could be a free tenth in there :lol:

Absolutely! I'm thrilled to see that the stock turbo has more in it afterall. This is my first TMIC car, and I didn't know they sucked that bad. I'll have to modifiy my statement to be "no stock tubo car will run below 13.5 on a TMIC (stock or aftermarket)." That one ought to hold up for a while. :D

I've got cash in hand for the FMIC kit, which will also be joined with a full exhaust setup (mostly custom). Also coming around the same time will be injectors & a fuel pump, although at that point I'll also have to pick a method to control them with; the UTEC is in the lead so far. After all that comes the new turbo.

No doubt. I'm sure that if I actually tried to reduce some weight (no spare tire, lighter wheels, loose some lbs off my gut) I'd be able to get her in the 12.9's under the same conditions. lol. The DA was about 1800 ft and there was a head-wind as well (unusual for Cecil)

off subject...but you think NFP could hook us up with a 3" cat-back with say magnaflow mufflers.... maybe i missed it if they already are?

Where are you located Jarrod? They can definately make custom exhaust (they did mine) but they custom fabbed it to my car. They said they had thought about bringing out a single muffler conversion for the legacy (my exhaust) but nothing is set. I am the guy that comes to them and says, I need this, and they make it, and then we see if theres a market for that item. So far, there is. :) Not sure how many people would do a single tip conversion, not really a market for that, but they will do what they can for any customer.

no doubt they can do a dual setup, just more cost and time to do... I might go back to a dual and cut-out someday, right now the single works for me.

Guys I just think Shaggy misunderstood where I was coming from. I'm sure he's a decent guy... but he just started off on the wrong foot with the :rolleyes: and misunderstood the post. I wanted to know who had the fastest 1/4 time. Since he doesn't have a 1/4 mile time, he can't claim to be the fastest in the 1/4 mile. That's all I was pointing out.

The subaru community can be a bit touchy sometimes and I don't bode well with that, so I'm letting that be. lol. No need to go back and forthe.

Thanks for the compliments. I am really happy with this car. My goals when buying it were to make it a low 13 sec car. I think with a utec tune it'll be running 12.8-9 all day. which will be perfect for me. I wont need to go any faster as it is my daily driver, not a race car. I have the firehawk for that. :O)

Take care all....

BTW, we should have a 1/4 timeslip thread or something. I'd like to see how everyone is doing with their cars at the track. To think that I was running 14.1's a month ago is pretty cool/funny. :)

I'm with you Firehawk... the NASIOC thing got out of hand. Especially because I read your initial posts as saying, "this is what the LGT can do" not, "look what I can do". Though I'm not yet in a situation to start the mods on my car, which will definitely come in a year or so, it's great to see what the car can do.

That said, you have some pretty big kahones to try the FMIC. Love it! (I use the clearance on my OBXT on a daily basis, so I'll have to live with the TMIC, but I still visit your pics fairly often to dream...)

Archived