LegacyGT.com

Let's talk..... Snow Tires

legomaroon

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just got some blizzak ws70's 215/45/17's on mine the other day, i've been trying to baby them since the temp is around 50 here and i don't want to tear off the magic layer!

Turn off the tc and go to a parking lot to practice drifting and launches then let us know how they hold up.

I found two good deals on used winter tires both with less than 10k miles on then which do you think is better?? contiextremes (with a slight bubble in one tire : ( ) or a set of Blizzak Revo 1's in perfect condition. May have also sourced some used michilin pilot PA2's

i have the ws70s, I have um on right now and the temp is warm. I had to put them on before our 11 inch snowfall on october 29th:eek:

It's pretty normal to rush to put on the winters. Then there is the big rush to get them off because they are driving you crazy in the spring.

When I run winters, I try to make it through the initial early snow storms and hold off until early to mid December. There have been many years I've been golfing right up to Thanksgiving, but there are times we get snow Halloween.

It's great to have that additional level of confidence that winters give you. They help out.

Quick question on tire sizing: I have a 2012 Legacy 2.5i Limited, so the stock tire size is 215/50/17. Would I be okay with running on 215/60/16 for winters? I called Tire Rack and they wouldn't give me an answer because their "official size" is 205/60/16 for winter. Not sure why the 215/60 would have a problem, but thought I'd ask here. Thanks.

Quick question on tire sizing: I have a 2012 Legacy 2.5i Limited, so the stock tire size is 215/50/17. Would I be okay with running on 215/60/16 for winters? I called Tire Rack and they wouldn't give me an answer because their "official size" is 205/60/16 for winter. Not sure why the 215/60 would have a problem, but thought I'd ask here. Thanks.

You could probably use the 215/60/16, it's only an OD difference of 2.7%, but the 205 is better suited for snow tires. Narrower tread = better snow performance.

So how is it driving on studdless tires? Handling, stopping. While my car was up on the lift the shop noticed a hole in my tire so I am going to replace two tires right now and two later in a month ( money is a little tight) But I am trying to find a good match, I saw some studdless tires but I am a little un sure about them

So how is it driving on studdless tires? Handling, stopping. While my car was up on the lift the shop noticed a hole in my tire so I am going to replace two tires right now and two later in a month ( money is a little tight) But I am trying to find a good match, I saw some studdless tires but I am a little un sure about them

Do not run snows on one axle and AS on the other.

I was looking at the pilot. And I pretty sure the lm-25 did I From a lot of research on the tire before I did. The PA3 pilot is a nice looking tire but idk for $200 a piece and whether it not it would hold up for winter rallys, snowy backroads and 12+ inches of snow. The tread pattern just doesn't look too aggressive. For $200 cheaper I can have contiextremes but like I asked before how do they perform in the cold dry?

I have PA3s, it would be wrong to mention PA3's and 'Rally' In the same sentence. They trade grip for comfort and I will not be purchasing them again next winter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • I Donated
Would it be better to get a good set of all season tires or a set of winter tires. We get good snow sometimes in ct but then a lot of times the roads are decently plowed n not much snow on them.

I'm not even sure why this is a question. ;) All-seasons are a jack of all trades, master of none. If you can afford two sets of tires, get snow tires for winter and summer tires for all other seasons.

Archived