LegacyGT.com

Annoying squeaks from Koni/Epic springs setup

JohnSoPA

Is it possible to install the home depot wire loom while the springs are on the koni's?

Like if I was to jack the car up, and take the tire off, could I wrap the top of the spring with the wire loom or is that impossible?

Doesn't work very well, it's best to take them off and use the type you slip on.

-mike

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh, I haven't noticed this on my wagon, installed Jan 2013 I think.

With the blizzack's on there is a clunking over breaks inthe pavement. No it's not end links, :) with the Conti DWS's, the noise is not there.

The snows are still on. I'm using them up and saving what is left of the DWS's. I will put them back on in a few weeks, before the drive to Mt Washington June 26th.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 3 weeks later...
I run Konis/Epics for the winter and after my first time installing them I noticed a lot of loud squeaking from the rear. My suspension is pretty heavily modified and I had been running on coilovers prior to that with no sounds or problems.

Well guess what, it turned out to be my swaybar bushings... they were dry despite being lubed every 4 months. I think the reason it developed after the Koni/Epic install was that the worn parts of the bushing and bar had moved relative to each other.

So, unless you have actually tried greasing your bushings I wouldn't discount that as a possible cause.

Hey rick, I'm having creaking in the back that sounds like the springs. You think it's the sway bar bushings??

-Brett

Archived