LegacyGT.com

Anybody down for a meet? PA/MD/VA

charlie_sheen

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gotcha. ill be stopping in soon, gonna examine my EWG options as to why it sounds like a elephant fart

You know my wastegate fluttters a bit aswell. I think it's just the way it is routed. You have yours routed the same as mine per Grimmspeed's website.

Top line is left to the atmosphere. Bottom feed gets pressure from the EBCS.

Slammed more than your girlfriend.

I was on the phone. Sorry I missed ya. That just means we all gotta have a meet soon.

Turns out I have a bad front driverside wheel bearing and a torn inlet lol. Soo who knows how to do the wheel bearing? I'll be picking up a Perrin inlet next week hopefully.

yeah. Then all you have to do is pull the ball joint and struts. Swap over your brakes and bolt your wheel back on.

If you want to do the bearing. You'll need to remove your current hub and take it somewheres to have the new one pressed in.

You know my wastegate fluttters a bit aswell. I think it's just the way it is routed. You have yours routed the same as mine per Grimmspeed's website.

Top line is left to the atmosphere. Bottom feed gets pressure from the EBCS.

yeah. took rick for a ride just to reassure myself, everything is well, just seems that most 3port ebcs's paired with smaller EWG's (40mm and smaller) tend to surge louder than say a 44 just due to their size. the 44 makes the same sound, but it isnt as noticeable because it gets drowned out

I was on the phone. Sorry I missed ya. That just means we all gotta have a meet soon.

its all good, the car looked sexy! and absolutely

yeah. took rick for a ride just to reassure myself, everything is well, just seems that most 3port ebcs's paired with smaller EWG's (40mm and smaller) tend to surge louder than say a 44 just due to their size. the 44 makes the same sound, but it isnt as noticeable because it gets drowned out

I guess if your really concerned about it, You could run a wastegate spring similar to your target boost pressure rather then a lighter spring.

That should give you the sound your looking for. Either way it's loud! :lol:

How about a meet after the holidays? Is everyone off the day after thanksgiving?

yeah. Then all you have to do is pull the ball joint and struts. Swap over your brakes and bolt your wheel back on.

If you want to do the bearing. You'll need to remove your current hub and take it somewheres to have the new one pressed in.

i just got a new hub assembly. no press needed. $116 new from subie

its all good, the car looked sexy! and absolutely

Thanks!

i just got a new hub assembly. no press needed. $116 new from subie

Nice! Thats good to know.

I smell an install day happening at your place soon. haha

and a question for my EWG Legacy brothers. Do you DD your cars? Does the EWG get annoying? Or is it just pure awesome whenever it opens up? lol

Since I need a new up now, I'm trying to decide if I should go EWG as well.

I guess if your really concerned about it, You could run a wastegate spring similar to your target boost pressure rather then a lighter spring.

That should give you the sound your looking for. Either way it's loud! :lol:

How about a meet after the holidays? Is everyone off the day after thanksgiving?

thats what i was thinking would help, but would i need to tune differently after throwing another spring in there? right now im hitting 20psi and im setup for 14 with the two 7psi springs in it.

and yesss i could do the holiday thing.

and a question for my EWG Legacy brothers. Do you DD your cars? Does the EWG get annoying? Or is it just pure awesome whenever it opens up? lol

ive always wondered the same thing, then i was like to hell with it. i daily mh car 80 miles a DAY. it only sounds like you're unleashing the wrath of god as soon as i hit 14psi at wot. its easy to control how loud it is...you can get movin pretty fast without even sounding the ewg.

...so pretty much its just pure awesome

I smell an install day happening at your place soon. haha

We could make those arangements if you need to. :lol:

Is it worth it to you to retune?

I drive my car about 7 miles a day and I never usually hear it.

thats what i was thinking would help, but would i need to tune differently after throwing another spring in there? right now im hitting 20psi and im setup for 14 with the two 7psi springs in it.

ive always wondered the same thing, then i was like to hell with it. i daily mh car 80 miles a DAY. it only sounds like you're unleashing the wrath of god as soon as i hit 14psi at wot. its easy to control how loud it is...you can get movin pretty fast without even sounding the ewg.

...so pretty much its just pure awesome

They can be annoying at times. Mine opens at 10-12lbs so its realitivley early. I think if you have a late spooling turbo it's fine though.

i only figured that changing the springs inside the wastegate from 14 to say, 20...would raise the target wgdc and whole bunch of other nonsense. shit, if just buying another spring setup in order to equal that of 20 would fix the sound, without requiring another tuning session, ill order asap.

this might be a stupid*** question, but what could go wrong if i did this:

replaced 14psi springs

put in spring equaling that of 20psi

pulled hose off of lower nipple on WG

ran wastegate boost

....could anything bad come of this? im tuned for 20 exactly. and that way my EWG would sound normal.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived