LegacyGT.com

Jackass Star Ryan Dunn Dies in Car Accident

Strizzy

wow , how much hate can you spread on a dead man's thread?

i mean most of these comments seem like they are coming from nothing more than judgmental pricks who either lack the capacity to respect someone who just died in a horrible accident ,or are just jealous that they couldn't live such a carefree and awesome life! funny how many people start to talk shit in front of a computer. bet none of the haters on this thread would say a word to any of Dunns' homies !

didn't ur momma teach you that if you don't have anything nice to say then shut the **** up!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wow , how much hate can you spread on a dead man's thread?

i mean most of these comments seem like they are coming from nothing more than judgmental pricks who either lack the capacity to respect someone who just died in a horrible accident.

... I'm a hardass ...

Nothing about this "horrible accident" is worthy of respect. I wouldn't expect people to pretend I was some awesome upstanding citizen who just happened to find themselves on the wrong side of cruel misfortune if I were the one who made those decisions and then slid behind the wheel.

My Momma taught me to call it like it is and deal with the results. I can offer empathy coupled with obvious reality, but don't expect sugar coated sympathy.

This is not a news worthy event.

Yes, I'll say all of that to your face, and I appreciate when people don't bumble#$% around trying to pretend there isn't an obvious problem with my behavior when the roles are reversed.

there is nothing stupid about slathering dish soap all over yourself and then having your friend 69 you while you both slide down a jump into a lake. nothing wrong, or gay, about that.

As long as your friend is a girl it's OK on the other hand sticking a toy car up your own ass and going to the doctor for the shock value not so much.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

well im pretty sure that living in MN, you have no clue who he was or what he was like!

i only met him a few times and from the talks i had with him i'd say he was a good dude and def. is worthy of some respect! call me crazy but i don't think it's appropriate to be sarcastic or facetious in a thread like this. respect a dead man who cannot defend himself! he might've made a mistake that soooo many others still make . but that doesn't mean he deserves to suffer.

well im pretty sure that living in MN, you have no clue who he was or what he was like!

i only met him a few times and from the talks i had with him i'd say he was a good dude and def. is worthy of some respect! call me crazy but i don't think it's appropriate to be sarcastic or facetious in a thread like this. respect a dead man who cannot defend himself! he might've made a mistake that soooo many others still make . but that doesn't mean he deserves to suffer.

This isn't a loving memorial thread.

It's indefensible no matter who decides to get hammered and hoon around public roads @ triple digits with passenger... and he's not suffering.

If you want to find someone I'm willing to engage with sympathy, we can talk about the people left behind who were/are impacted by his decisions. To those people I'd say mourn, just keep in mind it does everyone involved a disservice to pretend this was a random unpreventable accident.

I wonder how many people here have honestly never driven after a couple drinks...

There's a legal limit for a reason. I'd be just as critical if not a lot moreso if this was someone I knew very closely, I'd have problems living with it if it were me and I survived. What's your point?

I wonder how many people here have honestly never driven after a couple drinks...

I have. After having waited the proper amount of time.

I also never got busted for a DUI and then did it again.

A family member of mine was killed as a passenger by a drunk driver. I guess that is why I am not cutting anyone slack. The driver, of course, walked away without a scratch.

It's our personal experiences that are prompting such different reactions to this event. Do I think he deserved to die? No.

But I also think this society is, on basis, fucked up when it comes to drinking and driving. People enable each other. Nay, not merely enable, pressure each other into drinking and then most end up driving. Were his buddies in the pic telling him to lay off? Did any buy him drinks? I wonder how they feel now.

LE: also, one thing about the legal limit that people don't understand. The legal limit dictates that if you reach or pass it, it can be an automatic arrest. But all the officer has to do is prove impairment, and if you are a lightweight pussy, can be hauled to jail even if you blow a 0.001.

People think that anything under the legal limit is fair game. It is not.

In my home country the legal limit is 0.0

i agree , i lost someone when i was younger to a drunk driver, my grade school high school sweetheart. i don't mean to give any sympathy to anyone who is stupid enough to drive drunk. but i also don't go on a forum and talk shit or make jokes about someone i never met!that just died in a horrible wreck. we all make mistakes i'm just sayin have some respect for a good dude that made a mistake. shit i def. drive that fast in my lgt (never after drinking) but still.

Second time I hear about a Porsche crashing and bursting into flames. Some kids who went to my school wrapped a Cayman around a tree going perhaps 80mph on windy roads, which then promptly burst into flames. They died too. They weren't drunk, just stupid. The car looked like these tow-away photos. A small mess of black burned scrap, not in the least resembling a car. The tree had a small scratch, like someone lightly tapped the tree with a baseball bat. Apparently a Porsche is not a good car for beginners. And no car is good for drunk people.

I know it's a poor way to arrive at a decision, but I'm fairly certain now that if you are going to crash into a fixed object at high speeds, your best bet is to be in something other than a Porsche. But that said, you're not living if you hit a tree going fast, no matter what the car is, unless you are stupid lucky and only swipe it or whatever.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

[...]coming from nothing more than judgmental pricks who either lack the capacity to respect someone who just died in a horrible accident [...]

Getting in a high-powered sports car with a .196 BAC, driving at 130mph on a 50pmh public road, and getting yourself and your passenger killed is NOT AN ACCIDENT! Those are all exceedingly bad choices that cumulatively resulted in a tragic situation.

I have enough drama for now.....

But on a separate note: I have never driven a Porsche GT3, but from everything I have heard, unless you have actual experience on a race track, the Porsche GT3 is considered a bit of a widow maker for it's extremely aggressive suspension setup. Can anyone indulge further on this?

Can anyone enlighten me on this?

On the search for a new DD...

there is nothing stupid about slathering dish soap all over yourself and then having your friend 69 you while you both slide down a jump into a lake. nothing wrong, or gay, about that.

If your friend is same sex as you it's gay, but that's unrelated to if it's right or wrong. Doing wrong is if you hurt someone, hurting yourself is just stupid.

453747.png

:lol:

I am guessing the back whips around on the GT3 if you lift off at an inoportune time, with the rear-mounted engine and all ...

Trailing throttle oversteer.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

An accident implies no one was at fault. A more appropriate term is collision.

Anyways, I've heard rumblings in the local media that lawyers are starting to swirl to sue Barnaby's, the place he was drinking.

The family may as well sue Porsche, the liquor manufacturer, the State Highway Commission, the guard rail manufacturer and if it's private land sue the owner of the tree while they're at it. :rolleyes:

People need to take responsibility for their actions and if they do sue i hope they lose. Lawyers suck.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

An accident implies no one was at fault. A more appropriate term is collision.

Anyways, I've heard rumblings in the local media that lawyers are starting to swirl to sue Barnaby's, the place he was drinking.

that's bullshit. i'll bet the bartender made sure he knew they weren't taking a taxi home :rolleyes:

Archived