LegacyGT.com

Jackass Star Ryan Dunn Dies in Car Accident

Strizzy

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ this guy is probably as good as anyone to tell you about high hp, rwd cars ... but not porsches specifically ...

Which is why i don't own one. I've driven a few my friends have owned and they're not for me, not forgiving enough at the limit.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

That takes some nerve. You survived obviously.

I shat my pants when some asshat pulled in front of me speeding into that little POS. The guy was in an SUV, forget what brand. Either way I had to avoid him by going through the middle turn lane which luckily was open. There was oncoming traffic. It didn't take balls, it took a fair amount of stupid.

LE: I think I have a video somwhere of an SLR passing us like we were standing still. I have been meaning to post it on YouTube for the longest time.

Lookit this beautiful stretch of road.

Poor bastard lost it trying to take the off-ramp.

I've driven drunk but Ryan Dunn personality def played a role in this accident.

"Dunn this is my exit!"

"OHH SHOOT DONT WORRY I CAN MAKE IT *slams on brakes*"

"OHhhh shoooooooooooooooooottttttzzzzzzzzzzz"

*Car goes into ravine*

*Ryan decides to light smoke after surviving accident and lighter spark ignites leaking gas fumes*

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOkN4yp3x-I]YouTube - ‪Dashcam Ryan Dunn crash-site‬‏[/ame]

http://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/ryan-dunn-crash-site-6-20-2011/view/?service=0

http://i.imgur.com/DirnD.jpg

I find it insulting that people visit it like it's some sort of shrine. I can't rationalize the reason but I feel insulted.

I hear you. I'd imagine most people at the site didn't know him personally, or just met him in passing. Hell I even met Bam, Nowack, Phil, & April in AC once.

It's just like rubbernecking. People want to see some kind of carnage. The people stealing parts of the car are really bad.

I find it insulting that people visit it like it's some sort of shrine. I can't rationalize the reason but I feel insulted.

Unfortunately that is the way people are these days. Same type of folks who are fighting outside the Florida courtroom just to get a ticket to watch the Casey Anthony trial.

The one that bugs me and I don't know why really, is whenever there is a gang murder, drive-by shooting, etc., the first thing the friends and family do is have memorial shirts airbrushed and hold a car wash to raise money.

I can't wait for the white crosses/sympathy notes/candles to be placed at that site. :rolleyes:

Every time some kid(s) gets killed on the roads around here people put white crosses and such at the location. I'm tried of seeing that crap all over the highways if you want to mourn go to the gravesite. Usually the "accidents" are their own damn fault i.e. speeding/drunk/texting or all of them combined.

Why should i have to look at that crap and be reminded of death? There should be a law. :mad:

Stay Stock Stay Happy

To me sometimes Americans come across extremely attention whore-ish and much too eager to put their most personal/family matters out there for all to see.

Your telling me. My wife wanted us to be on the show the Marriage Ref last year, and the show was actually interested in having us on. She wanted to throw me under the bus for having too many hobbies (mainly too many radio control cars), and me throw her under for her massive collection of shoes and clothes. She thought it would be fun. I was not so receptive. I told her there is no way I am putting our personal lives on national tv for all to see, and if she was looking for something to start a fight between us, this was surely the quickest way to it. Thank goodness she eventually let it go.

YES!

Outside my parents house in PA when I was growing up there, some highschool kid crashed into a tree on the road in front of our house. One or two kids died. A third and maybe a fourth survived the crash and ran into the golf course they just crashed into. Fire fighters found them using thermal cameras and they found drugs.

Anyways, for months people were stopping by at all hours to visit and lighting candles and making a damn shrine. They parked in horrible spots and often on our property. It's amazing no one was pegged down while visiting. The first few weeks we were like whatever, they're mourning. But after a few months of it, we don't want to see death every time we look out our window. He died here, go visit where he was buried.

edit: I'm starting to remember that night better. We had just gotten a new home theatre system and my dad and I were in the basement watching one of the Terminator movies. My mom yells down the stairs, "There's police and fire trucks and all sorts of stuff going on!" And we're like, "we're just watching a movie, it's ok." And she's all screaming to come upstairs and we didn't want to move then we finally went up and were like, shit.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

well im pretty sure that living in MN, you have no clue who he was or what he was like!

i only met him a few times and from the talks i had with him i'd say he was a good dude and def. is worthy of some respect! call me crazy but i don't think it's appropriate to be sarcastic or facetious in a thread like this. respect a dead man who cannot defend himself! he might've made a mistake that soooo many others still make . but that doesn't mean he deserves to suffer.

Oh hell, get the cross out of your ass and quit being a big pussy. The guy f***ed up, big time. You know what? I've driven drunk. But here's the thing ... when I've done it, I didn't push the limit at triple digit speeds. I did my darnedest to be safe. In the very few cases that I've done it, I didn't realize I was drunk when I got in the car. The worst time I recall doing it, I remember getting a mile away from the restaurant and having an "oh shit" moment. I should have just pulled over and called for a ride, but foolishly I didn't. But you know what else? I learned from it.

Dunn didn't. He had at least one previous DUI (with a crash!) and he continued to behave the same way. And be reckless in addition. So f*** him. Would I wish death on him? No. But I sure as shit don't feel sorry for him. Get over yourself. You crossed paths with him a few times ... you weren't his friend. He wouldn't know you if you walked up to him on the street, and you sure aren't a reliable judge of his character.

Feel free to flame away. I don't give a shit.

we all make mistakes i'm just sayin have some respect for a good dude that made a mistake. shit i def. drive that fast in my lgt (never after drinking) but still.

Rapture clearly likes to drive SLOW while drunk driving.:rolleyes:Dunn earned a Darwin award. Not a suprise and hardly newsworthy except as a CAUTIONARY TALE. You defend this stupid behavior and suggest weak defense for your own drunken driving. BiWinning!

Getting in a high-powered sports car with a .196 BAC, driving at 130mph on a 50pmh public road, and getting yourself and your passenger killed is NOT AN ACCIDENT! Those are all exceedingly bad choices that cumulatively resulted in a tragic situation.

^this

And here's someone that nearly had a bad day. I wonder how many bottles of Vodka that were involved.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUHOhbaEy_0]YouTube - ‪Обгон обгона по руÑÑки (overtaking win or fail)‬‏[/ame]

There's always a driver that's worse than the one you just saw.

453747.png

rite, l.a.-fag, i guess 150mph is slow.... ppfffff, ur such a douche with no life cause i always seem to notice u talking shit on soo many threads and you almost always have a douche bag comment, so honestly i could care less what u think! and no i don't drive drunk. but i have in the past when i was younger and dumb. like soo many others. i'm just not in denial about my mistakes nor do i lie about making them.

rapture ... since you just don't get it ... Dunn was 34. Far from "young and dumb" territory anymore. If you are still making poor decisions past the age of 25, you're destined to be a dumb-ass for life. Sounds like that might be the direction you're heading, with your defense of Dunn's actions and somehow managing to see this as a simple mistake anyone could have made.

Do us all a favor. Down a fifth of Vodka. We'll find you a closed road, and why don't you let your leggy rip. Full throttle. I'll give you five miles of closed road so you'll only be endangering yourself. Sound fair? Hell, Dunn didn't even have the courtesy to get a closed road, so by comparison, you'll still be a hero! :D

Archived