LegacyGT.com

Pros/Cons of this iPod kit?

MasAyinde

I was looking at iPod integration and was comparing the Leptronix, jazzy and this thingy here. Has anyone used this? is anyone able to comment on how well it would work? ideally I would like something that uses the same cable to charge and play my iPod at the same time.

I have the OEM Subaru iPod integration kit in my car. It charges the iPod and allows you to control it from the headunit/steering wheel controls. I'm doing the JDM dash kit in my car this weekend, so I'll have my integration kit for sale. As Hanger said, you will need a 2007+ headunit for it to work. The reason for this is the kit uses the satellite input on the headunit, which is only present on 2007+ vehicles.

If you want a simple solution that can be installed in under an hour to any factory car deck, look no further than Peripheral Electronics.

Search this forum for the word Peripheral and you will see other posts come up showing links to the packages sold.

• I Donated

What is "this thingy here"? There is no link.

I personally like the iSimple Gateway. But once again, you will need an 07+ headunit (P-204UH or P-206UH). The P-201UH that comes stock in 05/06 sucks in terms of expandability. The P-204UH will probably run you around $200-250, and the iSimple is $130 (an extra $60 if you want Bluetooth), but sound quality is better than Leptronix, you can control the iPod and view songs through the stereo, and it's still cheaper than the JDM double-DIN.

I have the Jazzy kit and this: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/3-in-1-usb-3-5mm-aux-audio-data-charger-cable-for-ipod-iphone-2g-3g-3gs-black-1-2m-34654

It's worked great for the past year that I've had it - I just have a 3.5mm extension cable that runs from the HU to the armrest cubby. You'd also need a USB charger for the 12V port inside the cubby, connect everything in there, and then run the single power/audio cable through the little cutout in the edge of the armrest cubby. I just throw my iPhone in the cupholder when I'm using it.

Archived